Future of 5G - Technology could Advance Global Economy and Society after COVID-19
Prior to the outbreak of COVID-19, global 5G deployment was increasing with governments seeking to get ahead and take advantage of the emerging technology. The technology is currently still in its infancy and deployment has only recently taken off. However, following the building of necessary infrastructure and trailing the network in these early stages countries will be well versed to reap the benefits of the technology in the coming years.
- Before the outbreak of COVID-19 5G deployment was becoming increasingly popular across the world with governments seeking to get ahead of the curve with the emerging technology.
- The immediate benefits of 5G are minimal with the technology still in its infancy and deployment only recently taking off. However, through building the necessary infrastructure and trialing the network in these early stages countries will be well versed to reap the benefits of the technology in the coming years.
- Emerging technology which will be powered by 5G has been coined the fourth industrial revolution by experts with potentially huge economic advances coming as a result. Technologies such as the internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), data analytics, robotics, cloud computing, virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR), 3D printing and drones will help transform business internationally. Through powering a variety of industries these advancements will help increase efficiency and enhance competitiveness in the global economy.
- Widespread advanced 5G networks would not merely be an economic tool boosting the economy but would have a range of social benefits in both the developed and developing world. Improved health, education and wellbeing as well as enhanced infrastructure and sustainable industrialization would help benefit societies across the globe and could be made possible through 5G. The emergence of smart cities as well as better connected remote areas will help provide benefits to both urban and rural life.
- Learn what benefits 5G might have
- See how the technology could push progress faster connections could change the way that people work
- Understand the multiple advantages for many global regions
- See who are the leading countries and companies for this technology
Reasons to Buy
- Who are the leading players in 5G technology?
- What countries are pushing rapid 5G development?
- What are the major benefits of 5G?
- What other industries could gain from faster networks?
2. 5G INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS HAVE ACCELERATED IN RECENT YEARS
2.1. Host of countries have already deployed commercial networks
2.1.1. South Korea leads the way in commercial 5G networks
2.2. COVID-19 has caused disruption to global 5G timeline
3. 5G CAN FINANCIALLY BENEFITINDUSTRIES WORLDWIDE
3.1. Technological advances can enhance industry efficiency
3.2. Increased global interaction and connectivity will boost businesses
4. SOCIAL BENEFITS OF 5G COULD TRANSFORM COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND GOVERNANCE
4.1. 5G powered smart cities could revolutionize urban living
4.1.1. Digital governance to give citizens greater role in the running of cities
4.1.2. Virtual and physical infrastructure advancements will help improve quality of life
4.1.3. Smart cities will help combat the damaging effects of climate change
4.2. Developing countries would benefit from effective 5G networks
4.2.1. Lack of demand and high infrastructure costs pose significant barrier to 5G reaching developing regions
5. DISRUPTION CAUSED BY COVID-19 OFFERS OPPORTUNITY FOR 5G TO HELP GLOBAL REBUILD
5.1. Global recession and struggling industries are a result of COVID-19
5.2. Pandemic has led to increased online remote working
5.3. 5G will not provide huge transformation in the short term
5.3.1. 5G technology still has its issues from a technology perspective
6.1. Abbreviations and acronyms
6.3. Further reading
7. ASK THE ANALYST
8. ABOUT MARKETLINE
List Of Figures
Figure 1: SK Telecom commercial 5G launch, April 2019
Figure 2: Network Evolution
Figure 3: Smart City benefits
Figure 4: Regional 2019-2020 GDP forecast
Figure 5: COVID-19 Poverty Projection 2015-2021, impact from COVID-19
Future Internet of Things (IoT) UnicornsThis report analyzes the top 25 IoT startups from the GlobalData Startup Scorecard that has the potential to become unicorns (valuation more than US$1bn) basedView Report
Future Startups Unicorns of Robotics EcosystemThis report analyzes the top 50 Robotics startups from the GlobalData Startup Scorecard that has the potential to become unicorns (valuation more than US$1bn) basedView Report
Since the rollout of commercial 5G services in October 2019, the combined number of 5G subscribers of China’s top three telecoms has reached 420 million in April 2021. In addition,View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request