Fixed-Mobile Convergence - Status, Strategies and Opportunites in Asia-Pacific
Fixed-Mobile Convergence - Status, Strategies, and Opportunities in Asia-Pacfic, a new Telecom Insider Report provides an overview of the state of the fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) market and of telcos FMC growth strategies in the APAC region. The report draws from examples of fixed-mobile convergence journeys and propositions from APAC operators to give an overview of the market conditions which lead to convergence as well as the evolution of the convergence market. The report provides an overall introduction to FMC, its driving conditions and a comparison of the level of FMC market development in different regions.
It also offers an analysis of the evolution pathway of convergence market development, and examines the different convergence models available in APAC. Moroever, it analyzes the status of development of FMC in APAC, looking at telco value propositions, FMC bundling, and growth strategies. Then the report dives into three telco case studies providing an overview of their FMC offerings, differentiation, and monetization levers in APAC - namely StarHub Singapore, LG U+ South Korea, and Digi Malaysia. The report concludes with key takeaways and detailed recommendations for operators interested in pursuing FMC.
Fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) has emerged in some competitive markets as a way for operators to differentiate and pursue growth. In APAC, FMC is still developing with selected opreators offering converged services. There are a number of market and regulatory conditions which can support or hinder the development of FMC.
- Compared to Europe, where some operators have pursued fixed-mobile convergence as their central strategy, APAC has seen a modest level of convergence, mostly centered around developed mobile postpaid heavy markets.
- There is scope for more fixed-mobile convergence development in APAC. However, the feasibility and entrance point of convergence depends on the unique conditions of each market and the profile of each operator.
- The most common strategies used by telcos to incentivize fixed-mobile multi-service take-up in APAC are typified by hard bundling, hybrid bundling, and the provision of combination incentives
Reasons to Buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the market conditions, models, and evolution pathways for fixed-mobile convergence, to help executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what does not, formulate effective product development plans and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
- Three case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights into particular situations ad telco offerings in the fixed-mobile market in APAC; this will help the reader understand the strategies employed by telcos for their FMC value propositions in alignement to customer demand characteristics and to the local competitive market conditions.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in fixed-mobile convergence in APAC, providing a number of actionable recommendations for operators.
- An overview of multiple APAC telcos FMC value propositions is provided, covering their adopted FMC models, number of FMC offerings, FMC prices, and VAS bundled into the FMC packages.
List of Exhibits
Section 1: FMC Portfolio Definition, Evolution, and Models
FMC Definition and Overview
Telco Convergence Models
Section 2: FMC Status, Portfolios, and Strategies for Telcos in Europe
FMC Status in Asia-Pacific
FMC Selected Portfolios
FMC Growth Strategies
Section 3: Case Studies
LG U+ South Korea
Section 4: Key Takeaways and Recommendations
Acronyms and Definitions
Fixed-Mobile Convergence - Status, Strategies and Opportunity in the AmericasFixed-Mobile Convergence - Status, Strategies and Opportunity in the Americas, a new Telecom Insider Report by It, provides an overview ofView Report
Fixed-Mobile Convergence - Status, Strategies and Opportunites in Asia-PacificFixed-Mobile Convergence - Status, Strategies, and Opportunities in Asia-Pacfic, a new Telecom Insider Report provides an overview of the state of theView Report
Fixed Mobile Convergence - Status, Strategies and Opportunites in EuropeFixed Mobile Convergence - Status, Strategies and Opportunites in Europe, a new Telecom Insider Report provides an overview of the stateView Report
Fixed Mobile Convergence - Status, Strategies, and Opportunities in Africa and Middle EastFixed Mobile Convergence - Status, Strategies, and Opportunities in Africa and Middle East, a new Telecom Insider ReportView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request