Internet TV - Thematic Research
TV consumption continues to move from scheduled TV broadcasts to on-demand video streamed over the internet. The two main types of video streaming services are over-the-top (OTT) TV and internet protocol TV (IPTV). The former runs on top of a public internet connection, while the latter refers to video streamed over a private, dedicated network, typically owned by a telecom operator. Collectively, we refer to OTT TV and IPTV as internet TV.
Two factors will determine success in the internet TV market: a strong user interface (UI) and a large back catalogue of popular content. Netflix the market leader in UI, whilst Disney has started to compete with its content dominance.
Almost every film and TV studio is following Disneys lead by launching its own internet TV offering. Whilst Disney has made a good start, adding over 50 million Disney+ subscribers in the six months since its launch in November 2019, it is worth remembering that no traditional media company, whether in music, newspapers, book publishing, advertising or TV, has ever successfully defended its turf against an unwanted Big Tech disruptor.
- This report provides an overview of the internet TV theme.
- It identifies the key trends impacting growth of the theme over the next 12 to 24 months.
- It includes a comprehensive industry analysis, including up-to-date figures for pay TV accounts (split by cable, satellite, terrestrial, IPTV, and SVOD).
- The value chain compares the traditional, linear TV stack to the internet TV stack, where the dividing lines are no longer respected by tech invaders.
Reasons to Buy
- Internet TV will be the single most important technology theme driving earnings in the film and TV industry over the next two years.
- This thematic report analyzes the key players in the film and TV industry and where they sit in the industry value chain as the TV industry transitions towards internet TV.
- It also looks at how COVID-19 has impacted the music, film, and TV sector.
Impact of COVID-19 on internet TV
Appendix: Our thematic research methodology
The global internet of nano-things market is set to achieve an incremental growth of USD 27 billion, acelerating at a CAGR of almost 20.2% during the forecast period 2022-2028.This industryView Report
The global IoT market is expected to increase by USD 981 billion, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 22.4% from 2022 to 2028, according to the latest editionView Report
Global Broadcasting and Cable TV - Market , Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025Global Broadcasting & Cable TV industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market sizeView Report
COVID-19 Impact on Music, Film, and TV - Thematic researchThe COVID-19 outbreak has now spread across the world, leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. This report discusses theView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request