Japan Telecom Country Intelligence Report
Japan Telecom Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Japan today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Japan will increase from $124.1 billion in 2019 to $153.1 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 4.3%, due to projected revenue growth in mobile data, fixed-broadband, and pay-TV. Although we expect that the COVID-19 outbreak will slow down economic growth during 2020, we believe that the impact of the pandemic on the telecom sector in Japan will be relatively mild due to successful containment measures. Mobile data revenue will grow over 2019-2024, at a CAGR of 10.2%, driven by a rise in data ARPS and growth in mobile Internet subscriptions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Japan.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services market revenue in Japan will grow at a CAGR of 4.3% in US$ during 2019-2024.
- Mobile revenue will account for 62.3% of total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2024.
- NTT Docomo held a majority share of 36.8% of total mobile subscriptions in 2019. NTT Docomo will maintain its leadership through 2024 due to its continued focus on expansion of its mobile network as well as strong presence in the postpaid segment.
- 4G will remain the leading mobile technology despite a decline in its share due to subscriber migration to 5G services.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Japans telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Japans mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Japans telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Japan.
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage
My Number is a national identification system implemented in Japan. Japanese residents can apply for a My Number card at local government offices, which contains their basic personal information andView Report
Japan Tech - Thematic ResearchAs Japan weighs the overall cost of hosting the Olympic Games, this report looks at the future of the Japanese technology industry in the context ofView Report
Japan Telecom Operators Country Intelligence ReportJapan Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by This, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Japan today, withView Report
2019 Future Of Japan Telecommunications Market- Trends, Outlook and Growth Opportunities of Mobile, Fixed Landline and Broadband Markets
The Japan Telecommunications report 8th series from OGAnalysis provides a complete view of the Japan telecom ecosystem along with trends and growth factors shaping the future of the market.View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request