Social media sector scorecard - Thematic Research
The growth of democratic engagement on social media, particularly in a US presidential election year, has stoked fears that platforms could be abused to influence the result, as in 2016. These fears will be exacerbated by the inability of leading firms to guard against fake news and emerging threats like deepfakes. Regulatory threats will also loom large in 2020, with a focus on antitrust, data privacy, and tax avoidance. Facebook is likely to be hit the hardest, but will not be the only company to suffer.
Any change to the ability of companies to gather and store user data will undermine their core business model of monetizing this data through ads. 2020 will see many of the leading US and European social media firms attempting to follow the lead of Tencents WeChat and become all-encompassing super-apps. There will also be further attempts to grow their presence in markets such as internet TV, ecommerce, and mobile payments.
This report provides information on key themes that will impact the social media sector over the next two years, including AR and VR, ecommerce, deepfakes, and data privacy.
- This report is a sector scorecard, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats. Inside, we predict how each theme will evolve and identify the leading and lagging companies.
- It includes a theme map that shows the 50 biggest themes driving growth in the social media sector.
- It explains how some of the largest listed players in the sector have performed over the last three years.
- It looks at major technology and macro-economic trends impacting the social media sector.
Reasons to buy
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures.
- Corporate executives and investors who want to outperform their competitors need to understand all the themes that impact their sector.
- However, many of these themes are, by definition, outside of the core competencies of company boardrooms because they typically originate from external industries. This social media sector scorecard provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for the key players in the industry over the next two years, based on the key themes set to transform their market.
SECTOR SCORECARD: SOCIAL MEDIA
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
In 2021, the global social-emotional learning market stood at USD 1,848 million. Recording a CAGR of 20.3% from 2022 to 2028, the worth is projected to reach ~USD 6,756 millionView Report
Social Sustainability - Thematic ResearchAcross all economic sectors and geographic areas, companies face increasing pressure to adopt more socially sustainable practices. This pressure is coming from multiple sources and directions,View Report
Social Media and Sport - Thematic ResearchAn analysis of the current state of play with social media platforms, and how sport has interwoven its way into some of the worldsView Report
Connected Consumer Survey 2020: OTT communication and social media services in emerging Asia–Pacific
This report focuses on aspects of our Connected Consumer Survey that relate to respondents' usage of OTT communication services in emerging AsiaPacific. market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 1499View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request