Telco B2B & Consumer IoT Strategies and Case Studies
There are four key monetization opportunities for telcos in consumer IoT mentioned in this report. However, since none of these opportunities are mutually exclusive, most telcos today are attempting to ascertain the right focus and mix between the four approaches, and the state of todays market can be summed up as a go-to-market trial and error. Certainly, all telcos recognize that there is no clear or uncontested position for them in either the smart home or wide area connected device value chain, and finding the right niche and balance of monetization objectives, is a longer-term strategic goal. For broadband and TV service providers, establishing a firm service foothold in the multiplay home for longer-term revenue protection is key.
Telco B2B & Consumer IoT Strategies and Case Studies a new Global Outlook Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the global telecom B2B and consumer strategies, with case studies. It delivers deep qualitative insights into the IoT industry, telecom IoT value chain, select telecom service launches, Telecom B2B and Consumer IoT strategies and use cases.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- IoT taxonomy & market context: an overview of IoT, IIoT, the telecom value chain with analysis and select telecom IoT services launches at a global level.
- Telecom B2B IoT strategies and use cases: an overview of the key global telecom IoT use cases, value propositions, strategies, monetization models, service models.
- Telecom Consumer IoT strategies and use cases: this section provides an overview of the key global telecom IoT use cases, business strategies, monetization models, partnerships, key verticals, connectivity and connectivity platforms utilised.
- Key findings and recommendations: the Global Outlook Report concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for B2B and consumer IoT stakeholders, especially telecom operators.
- B2B IoT - Foster Development Community: Leaving app development to IT providers and systems integrators like IBM and Accenture leaves money on the table and cedes account control. If they are serious about value-added services, operators need to figure out a way either to develop branded applications in-house or to convince developers to do so.
- Consumer IoT: Long-term customer value creation and loyalty is a key driver for telco innovation in the smart home. Many telcos today are seeking to align smart home packages with their multiplay portfolios, and in some cases, there is evidence of carriers offering their highest-spend convergence customers preferable pricing - a marketing strategy which warrants some study.
- Operators should be proactive in identifying use cases and providing evidence of their success, including details on how much deployments are generating in revenues and other quantifiable metrics such as cost savings.
Reasons to buy
- This Global Outlook Report provides a comprehensive examination of the telecom B2B and consumer IoT strategies, value chain, business models and use cases. It helps executives fully understand the ecosystem, market dynamics, latest developments and value chain. It helps telecom decision-makers determine key telecom IoT positioning strategies, formulate effective product development plans and optimize returns on investments.
- Four case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights around different value propositions across the world, including services, monetization approaches and partnerships. This will help telecom executives craft adapted B2B and Consumer IoT strategies to unlock new revenue streams.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the telecom B2B and consumer IoT market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for IoT participants, including telecom operators.
List of Exhibits
Executive Summary for Business IoT
Executive Summary for Consumer IoT
Section 1: Taxonomy and Market Context
Defining IoT and IIoT
Telecom IoT Value Chain
Select Telco IoT Service Launches
Section 2: Telecom B2B IoT Strategies and Use Cases
Deciphering the IoT Telecom Opportunity for B2B
Operator Service Profile: AT&T
Operator Use Case: AT&T and the City of San Jos
Operator Service Profile: Verizon
Operator Use Case: Verizon and Peninsula Light Company
Operator Service Profile: Telefnica
Operator Use Case: Telefnica and Dufry
Section 3: Telecom Consumer IoT Strategies and Use Cases
Telecom Consumer IoT Monetization Models
Operator Use Case: Comcast, Xfinity Home
Operator Use Case: Vodafone, V-Home
Operator Use Case: HKT, Smart Living
Section 4: Findings and Recommendations
B2B IoT: Findings and Recommendations
Consumer IoT: Findings and Recommendations
Acronyms and Definitions
Telco IoT Offerings and Market Opportunity Assessment in AmericasTelco IoT Offerings and Market Opportunity Assessment in Americas a new Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview with qualitative insightsView Report
Telco IoT Offerings and Market Opportunity Assessment in Asia PacificTelco IoT Offerings and Market Opportunity Assessment in Asia Pacific, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overviewView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request