Philippines Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
"Philippines Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Philippines today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2026. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom and pay-TV service revenues in the Philippines will grow at a CAGR of 4.8%, supported by revenue growth in mobile data, mobile voice, and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data service revenues will grow at a robust CAGR of 6.6%, supported by spike in mobile internet subscriptions, growing consumption of mobile data services and projected growth in 5G subscription that yield higher ARPUs over the forecast period. Fixed broadband service revenues will increase at a robust CAGR of 6.3%, driven by growing broadband service subscriptions on the back of ongoing coverage expansions and investment by both operators, PLDT and Globe.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Philippines.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in the Philippines will grow at a CAGR of 4.8% during 2021-2026.
- Mobile data revenue will grow at a CAGR of 6.6% over 2021 to 2026, driven by spike in mobile internet subscriptions, growing consumption of mobile data services and projected growth in 5G subscription that yield higher ARPUs over the forecast period.
- 4G subscriptions will account for a 52.5% share of the total mobile subscriptions in 2021. We expect 4G subscription share to grow further reaching 66.7% by 2026.
- The top two mobile operators Globe and PLDT, will account for a 99.9% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2021.
- Competition in mobile is set to intensify with the entry of DITO and the likely entry of NOW Telecom.
Reasons to Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Philippines telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalDatas Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Philippines mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Philippines telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Philippines.
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV service market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage
The Philippines telecoms market report 2020 market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 1999View Report
Philippines Enterprise ICT Investment Trends 2020The Survey also reveals that a higher percentage of ICT spending among enterprises in the Philippines will be spent on running business as usual withView Report
China Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report China Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in China today, withView Report
Botswana Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report Botswana Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Botswana today, withView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request