Russia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
Telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Russia will decline in US dollar terms, from US$21.0 billion in 2019 to US$20.2 billion in 2024, at a CAGR of 0.8%, as a result of the depreciation of the ruble against the US dollar. However, in local currency terms, the telecom market will expand from RUB1.4 trillion in 2019 to RUB15.0 trillion by 2024, indicating a CAGR of 1.2%, mainly supported by growth in revenues from mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will be the fastest growing segment, with revenues expanding at a CAGR of 9.1% in US$ terms (11.3% in RUB terms) over 2019-2024. This growth will be mainly driven by the growing smartphone adoption, expansion of LTE networks, projected launch of 5G in 2020 and MNOs focus on data-centric plans. Pay-TV segment will grow at a CAGR of 0.9% in US$ terms (2.9% in RUB terms) over the forecast period, led by growing adoption of DTH and IPTV services, supported by increasing offers on multiplay bundles by MNOs.
Russia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Russia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- The demographic and macroeconomic context in Russia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in terms of local currency will grow at a CAGR of 1.2% (decline at 0.8% in US$) during 2019-2024.
- Mobile data revenue will grow at the fastest CAGR of 11.3% in local currency (9.1% in US$), driven by driven by the growing smartphone adoption, expansion of LTE networks.
- 4G will remain the leading mobile technology in Russia throughout the forecast period of 2019-2024.
- The three major mobile operators, MTS Russia, MegaFon, and Beeline, will account for 82.3% of total mobile subscriptions in 2019.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Russias telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Russias mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, and pay-TV markets including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Russias telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Russia.
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage
IT Hardware BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Industry Guide 2015-2024The BRIC IT Hardware industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value 2015-19, and forecast toView Report
IT Services BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Industry Guide 2015-2024The BRIC IT Services industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value 2015-19, and forecast toView Report
Germany Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report Germany Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Germany today, withView Report
Open network architecture has emerged as a hot topic in recent years due to mass deployment of 5G networks around the world and global geopolitical tensions such as U.S-China tradeView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request