Terrorism & Conflict - Thematic Research
There is very little that travel and tourism companies can do to prepare for the threats of terrorism & conflict beyond increasing security. This thematic research report takes an in-depth look at the theme of Terrorism & Conflict and the impact it has on the industry, its players, and also on tourists.
Terrorist attacks often occur out of the blue and a destination can be sent into total disarray as a result. While conflicts are usually easier to predict and prepare for, travel companies ultimately have no power over decisions and the destructive effects can be even more widespread than that of a terrorist attack.
Some of the areas under the biggest threat of conflicts are rich with culture and could be huge tourist destinations if peace was restored. Despite the destruction and suffering that terrorism & conflict causes, there are occasions where a silver lining can be found.
NGOs are heavily involved in helping those affected by war and in rebuilding efforts, which are crucial to restore any viable travel and tourism industry. Efforts from DMOs as well as local companies are also needed to improve the public image of a destination after a terrorist attack or conflict.
Other travel and tourism companies involved with the theme are those who specialize in tours either to countries experiencing conflict or to destinations with places of interest related to past conflict.
- This report provides an overview of one of the hot tourism trends of the moment, terrorism & conflict.
- It clearly defines and explains the various faces of terrorism & conflict.
- This report provides a detailed assessment of the impact terrorism and conflict has on the tourism sector and provides several case studies that clearly illustrate this.
- It provides an insight into what companies and DMOs are doing to tackle the issue.
- It looks at how some tourism players are benefitting from forms of dark tourism associated with terrorism and conflict.
Reasons to buy
- Understand what is meant by terrorism & conflict in this context and assess its impact on the tourism sector.
- Look at which countries are most affected by the issue.
- Assess the strategies that companies and governments are adopting to tap combat the issue and attract travelers to their destinations.
- View real-world case studies from across the travel & tourism sector.
Trends contributing to terrorism & conflict
Negative trends as a result of terrorism & conflict
Positive trends that can be taken from terrorism & conflict
Sri Lanka Easter Sunday attack
P&O Cruises cancel Dubai itinerates
Impact of terrorism & conflict on the travel and tourism industry
Recommendations for travel and tourism companies
Publicly traded companie
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Fill The Form For Sample Request