Data Privacy - Thematic Research
Big Techs golden age of light touch regulation, strong political alliances, and near immunity from prosecution for activity that would be deemed illegal in the offline world, seems to be over. Public trust towards Google, Amazon, Facebook, and Apple (GAFA) has never been lower. Big Tech companies have persistently evaded any form of accountability for data breaches, election manipulation, obstruction of justice, promotion of terrorist material, fake news, and online abuse perpetrated through their own internet platforms. Once deemed consumer champions, Big Tech now appears to be the new dark side of capitalism, arguably presenting a bigger risk to society than bankers were in 2007. Public outrage at their actions is now forcing regulators to act.
Once deemed consumer champions, Big Tech now appears to be the new dark side of capitalism, arguably presenting a bigger risk to society than bankers were in 2007. Public outrage at their actions is now forcing regulators to act.
In the past, tech companies had to worry about one regulator, typically focused on antitrust issues. In future, they may have 10 regulators breathing down their necks. After several years of regulatory missives emanating from the European Union (EU), US regulators are also initiating formal probes.
- This report looks at how regulation will impact the tech, media, and telecom (TMT) industry globally. It concludes that data privacy regulation is the biggest near-term threat.
- It identifies the companies that will be impacted by data privacy regulation, as well as the main trends in data privacy.
- It includes details of regulatory acts by country, across regulatory arenas including data privacy, antitrust, tax avoidance, and online harm.
- It also includes a regulatory timeline, showing the major milestones in this theme.
Reasons to buy
- Data privacy regulation is the biggest threat to Big Tech. At stake is the very future of the ad-funded business model that supports Facebook, Google, and many others.
- Even antitrust regulators are shifting their focus from investigating abuse of significant market power in product markets to investigating abuse of power when it comes to the control of customer data.
- In this report, we identify the likely winners and losers from the data privacy theme.
Adtech and data privacy are at odds
Big Tech has a problem with data privacy, which GDPR is addressing
A free and open internet has had unintended consequences
Now the tech industry faces a regulatory backlash
Regulators will come after Big Tech in 10 regulatory arenas
Regulatory acts by country
BIG TECHS PRIVACY OFFENSIVE
Social media sector scorecard
Advertising sector scorecard
Ecommerce sector scorecard
Telecom sector scorecard
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Data#3 Ltd (DTL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalDataView Report
DataLab Tehnologije dd (DataLab) is a technology company that offers ERP business information software, consulting and training solutions. It develops pantheon, an enterprise resource planning system for use in warehouseView Report
Global Data Privacy Software Market Research Report 2015-2027 of Major Types, Applications and Competitive Vendors in Top Regions and Countries
The Global market for Data Privacy Software is estimated to grow at a CAGR of roughly X.X% in the next 8 years, and will reach USD X.X million in 2027,View Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Data Privacy Software Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
Data Privacy Software enables timely, reliable and secure backup of data from a host device to destination device. It is designed to provide data backup, integrity and security for dataView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request