Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunities in Africa & Middle East - 2019
Although Africa and the Middle East (AME) accounted for the lowest regional pay-TV penetration in 2018, it will have the fastest household penetration growth rate in the next five years compared to other global regions. This will be supported by governmental national broadband plans and investments. Pirated channels viewed through illegal set-top boxes and IPTV decoders which air premium content illegally remains a challenge to pay-TV operators. However, new technological developments and partnerships with government authorities have helped mitigate this threat.
Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunities in Africa & Middle East - 2019, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the pay-TV market in Africa & the Middle East (AME). It delivers deep qualitative and quantitative insights into the pay-TV market in the region, analyzing key trends and strategies adopted by service providers.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Africa & the Middle East in a global context; looks at the pay-TV market in a global context, focusing on penetration and service adoption trends.
- Section 2: Pay-TV market in Africa & Middle East; provides a detailed description of the pay-TV market in the AME region, looking at subscriber growth, penetration trends, and service adoption by technology.
- Section 3: Competitive market trends in Africa & Middle East; analyzes the three main trends affecting the pay-TV market in the region, focusing on: network improvements, the threat of alternative OTT video platforms and the increasing rolo that pay-TV players play in video content creation.
- Section 4: Pay-TV revenue evolution in Africa & Middle East; analyzes main ARPU and revenue trends in the AME for the 2018-2023 period.
- Key findings and recommendations; the Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for pay-TV service providers.
- Despite a few exceptions, there is a strong correlation between the level of wealth, measured in PPP-GDP per capita levels, and pay-TV service adoption. Middle Eastern nations typically have a higher pay-TV penetration level compared to Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) due to comparatively higher wealth.
- The OTT video market in AME is growing as a number of new OTT players have entered the AME market. In order to compete against this threat, several pay-TV players have opted to create their own OTT video apps or partner with already-established OTT players.
- Rising competition and new regulations, particularly in countries with higher subscription broadcast penetration is causing operators to shrink margins on their services, thus driving ARPS down in the region.
- Pirated channels which air premium content illegally remains a challenge to pay-TV operators. However, new technological developments and partnerships with government authorities have helped mitigate this threat.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the main trends taking place in the Africa & Middle East pay-TV market, helping executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesnt, formulate effective product development plans, and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
- The report includes examples on strategies adopted by pay-TV service providers that illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the cloud computing market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the pay-TV market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for pay-TV service providers.
- With more than ten charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the pay-TV market, analyzing key trends and strategies.
Africa & Middle East pay-TV markets - key takeaways
Section 1: Africa & Middle East in a global context
Africa & the Middle Easts demographics at a glance
Africa & the Middle East in a global context
Section 2: Pay-TV market in Africa & Middle East
Pay-TV market in Africa & the Middle East
Regulatory Context in Africa & the Middle East
Section 3: Competitive market trends in Africa & Middle East
Competitive market trends in Africa & the Middle East
Anti-piracy trends in Africa & the Middle East
OTT threat in Africa & the Middle East
Content trends in Africa & the Middle East
Section 4: Pay-TV revenue evolution in Africa & the Middle East
Pay-TV service revenue evolution in Africa and the Middle East
Section 5: Key findings and recommendations
Acronyms and definitions
This data comprises quarterly metrics for pay-TV engagement in 50 countries, including market shares, access technology splits and quarterly growth figures. market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 499View Report
Pay-TV and OTT Video Market Trends in Asia-PacificPay-TV and OTT Video Market Trends in Asia-Pacific, a new Telecom Insider Report provides an executive-level overview of the video entertainment market inView Report
The global spinal implant market is estimated to witness a moderate growth rate of around 5% during the period of 20192028. Spinal implants are devices used to treat various spinalView Report
The global biodegradable diapers market is anticipated to witness a strong growth rate of more than 10% during the period of 20192028. Biodegradable diapers are free from toxic chemicals andView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request