Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunities in Asia-Pacific - 2019
Pay-TV penetration in Asia Pacific is set to decline slightly through 2023 as cord cutting in developed Asia Pacific will not be fully offset by growing IPTV adoption in markets like China and Thailand. The popularization of third party video OTT platforms and the rapid evolution of viewers habits towards non-linear video are forcing pay-TV operators to enhance their traditional service propositions with more innovative features like menu style channel selection and increased intergration with the OTT world.
Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunities in Asia Pacific - 2019, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the pay-TV market in Asia Pacific. It delivers deep qualitative and quantitative insight into the pay-TV market in the region, analyzing key trends and strategies adopted by service providers.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Asia Pacific in a global context; looks at the pay-TV market in a global context, focusing on penetration and service adoption trends.
- Section 2: Pay-TV market in the Americas; provides a detailed description of the pay-TV market in Asia Pacific, looking at subscriber growth, penetration trends, and service adoption by technology.
- Section 3: Competitive market trends in Asia Pacific; analyzes the three main trends affecting the pay-TV market in the region, focusing on: FTTH network deployments driving IPTV adoption, more flexible and menu style channel packages from operators and the increasing role that OTT is playing in operator content services.
- Section 4: Pay-TV revenue evolution in Asia Pacific; analyzes main ARPU and revenue trends in Asia Pacific for the 2018-2023 period.
- Key findings and recommendations; the Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for pay-TV service providers.
- Over the last few years, most developed APAC markets have been experiencing subscriber declines as a result of customers swapping their traditional pay-TV subscriptions for OTT video alternatives, a trend that we expect will continue over the forecast period.
- Although cord-cutting is still not affecting countries in emerging APAC, we expect subscriber growth to decelerate.
- The driving force behind growth in the region are large scale fiber broadband network buildouts. As fixed network operators look to monetize their investments and gain subscribers, IPTV delivered via fiber is used as extra incentive to sign up broadband customers.
- With the rapid popularization of OTT distribution platforms changing the way people view and pay for content, some operators are looking at more flexible channel packages to cater to customer demands and meet the price points of OTT platforms. In India regualtory pressue is driving this trend.
- An increasing number of pay-TV operators are opting to integrate pay-TV and OTT services together, either by leveraging their own OTT platform or by partnering with thrid party OTT players.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the main trends taking place in Asia Pacific pay-TV market, helping executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesnt, formulate effective product development plans, and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
- The report includes examples on strategies adopted by pay-TV service providers that illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the cloud computing market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the pay-TV market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for pay-TV service providers.
- With more than ten charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the pay-TV market, analyzing key trends and strategies.
Section 1: Asia-Pacific in a global context
Asia-Pacifics demographics at a glance
Asia-Pacific in a global context
Section 2: Pay-TV market in Asia-Pacific
Pay-TV market in Asia-Pacific
Regulatory context in Asia-Pacific
Section 3: Competitive market trends in Asia-Pacific
Competitive market trends in Asia-Pacific
FTTH/B competition drives IPTV adoption
Flexible/menu style pay-TV in Asia-Pacific
Section 4: Pay-TV revenue evolution in Asia-Pacific
Pay-TV ARPU evolution in Asia-Pacific
Pay-TV service revenue evolution in Asia-Pacific
Section 5: Key findings and recommendations
Acronyms and definitions
Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunities in Europe - 2019Pay-TV penetration in Europe is set to increase through 2023 robust growth in IPTV services, supported by converged and multiplay offers. TheView Report
Pay-TV Market Trends and Opportunities in Africa & Middle East - 2019Although Africa and the Middle East (AME) accounted for the lowest regional pay-TV penetration in 2018, it will haveView Report
Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Europe - 2019Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Europe - 2019, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overviewView Report
Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in AME - 2019Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Africa & the Middle East - 2019, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData,View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request