Smart Cities in the Americas: Regional Status & Key Case Studies
"Smart Cities in the Americas: Regional Status & Key Case Studies", a new Telecom Insider Report by provides an executive-level overview of the smart cities market in the Americas. It delivers deep qualitative insights into the smart city market, smart city value chain, and ecosystem dynamics in the region. It also analyzes key trends and smart city projects being implemented in the Americas.
Smart city initiatives can help to manage the complexities arising from urban life, helping city planners and administrations across the Americas region to improve the public service efficiency, reduce costs, and improve the quality of life. Along the smart city value chain, several players are involved, from project owners and managers, typically the citys local authorities, to solution providers offering software, hardware, and connectivity services. This report analyzes the smart city ecosystem in the Americas region and provides insights on local initiatives in both North America and Latin America.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Smart cities taxonomy & market context: an overview of the smart city context in the Americas and analysis of the smart city value-chain and role of telcos.
- The situation of smart cities in the Americas: an overview on the main smart city opportunities and challenges and how these are driving and impacting smart city investments. This section also analyzes telcos role within smart city projects in the Americas.
- Smart city case studies: this section details the business model and strategies of two smart city projects in the Americas. It also details telcos involvement in these projects.
- Key findings and recommendations: the insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for smart city stakeholders, including telecom service providers.
- Increasing urbanization rates across the region are helping to drive investments in smart city solutions both in the Americas region and globally.
- Smart city initiatives can help to manage the complexities arising from urban life, helping city planners and administrations to improve the public service efficiency, reduce costs, and improve the quality of life.
- Common standards and regulatory environments in the region have further spurred the deployment of smart city projects.
- Mobility and traffic management are one of the areas that concentrate most of the smart city projects rolled out in the Americas.
- In general, telecom operators in the Americas act in the smart city value chain as connectivity service providers and a number of them have been going up the smart city value chain by providing more integrated solutions.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the value chain and business models of smart city projects in the Americas region. It helps executives fully understand smart city market dynamics, determine key smart city positioning strategies, formulate effective product development plans and optimize return on investments.
- Two case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights around two smart city projects in the region, including Scope, services, budgets, and timelines. The case studies also give an overview of the type of smart city solutions, use cases and value propositions telcos have rolled out. This will help telecom executives craft adapted smart city strategies to unlock new revenue streams.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the smart cities market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for smart city market participants, including telecom service providers.
List of Exhibits
Section 1: Taxonomy & Market Context
Defining a Smart City
Elements of a Smart City
Smart City Value Chain
Section 2: Smart City Situation in the Americas
Overview of Smart City Status in the Americas
Challenges and Opportunities
Examples of Smart City Projects in the Americas
Section 3: Smart City Case Studies
Portlands Traffic Sensor Project (PTSP)
Bogota Smart City Project
Section 4: Key Findings & Recommendations
Key Findings & Recommendations
Acronyms and Definitions
List Of Figures
Exhibit 1: Smart city definition
Exhibit 2: The four elements of smart city projects
Exhibit 3: Smart city technological value-chain
Exhibit 4: Classification of smart city projects in the Americas
Exhibit 5: Key opportunities and challenges in the Americas
Exhibit 6: Smart city projects and investments in the Americas
Exhibit 7: Portland snapshot, US, 2018
Exhibit 8: Portland smart city ecosystem
Exhibit 9: Bogota snapshot, Colombia, 2018
Exhibit 10: Bogota smart city ecosystem
DescriptionThe global market for smart plugs is expected to experience considerable expansion between 2022 and 2029. Recent projections estimate the market size will grow from approximately $2.15 billion in 2022View Report
Global PC, Server, and Smartphone Five-Year Forecast, 2023-2027 market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 5500View Report
Smart Cities in Europe - Regional Status and Key Case Studies, 2020 UpdateSmart Cities in Europe - Regional Status and Key Case Studies, 2020 Update, a new Telecom Insider ReportView Report
Smart Cities in Africa and Middle East - Regional Status and Key Case Studies, 2020 UpdateSmart Cities in Africa and Middle East - Regional Status and Key Case Studies, 2020View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request