Ecommerce in Europe: Landscape, Drivers & Inhibitors, and Telco Roles in the Value Chain
"Ecommerce in Europe: Landscape, Drivers & Inhibitors, and Telco Roles in the Value Chain", is a new Telecom Insider Report byThe and provides an executive-level overview of the ecommerce market in Europe.
It delivers deep qualitative insights into the ecommerce market, ecommerce value chain, and ecosystem dynamics in the region. It also analyzes key trends and ecommerce solutions being implemented in Europe.
This report looks at the ecommerce market landscape in Europe, examining the main growth drivers and players operating on it. Special attention is put on understanding the role that telcos play in the ecommerce value chain. This report also includes a brief definition and categorization of the main types of ecommerce, as well as insights for the largest markets in the region. Finally, we include three case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights around ecommerce offering in the region. The case studies also give an overview of the type of ecommerce solutions, use cases and value propositions telcos have rolled out.
- Europe is mature, developed and saturated ecommerce market dominated by large international marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, or Alibaba.
-The estimates that ecommerce (B2C) transactions in the largest Western European economies - UK, France, and Germany - generated a combined $409.2 billion in 2018, making them the largest ecommerce markets in Europe.
- Increased quality of Internet connectivity and the proliferation of alternative payment methods are two important factors driving ecommerce adoption in Europe.
- The advent of big data and AI represents an interesting growth area for telcos, as they have access to large amounts of data from telecom service users.
- Telcos in Europe are positioning themselves as key technology enablers through the development of one-stop-shops for online retailers, offering a wide range of services supporting and enabling ecommerce activities, ranging from connectivity and payment solutions to web hosting and cloud.
The report delivers deep qualitative insights into the ecommerce market, ecommerce value chain, and ecosystem dynamics in the region. It also analyzes key trends and ecommerce solutions being implemented in Europe.
It provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Definition and ecommerce market context in Europe; provides a general overview, looking at key market insights and growth trends and providing an overview of the main ecommerce players in the region. This section also analyzes in detail the main growth drivers and examines the role that telecom operators play in the ecommerce value chain.
- Section 2: Case studies; includes three case studies on key ecommerce players: illustrates the findings of the report, providing insights around ecommerce offering in the region. The case studies also give an overview of the type of ecommerce solutions, use cases, and value propositions telcos have rolled out.
- Section 3: Key findings and recommendations; the insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for the ecommerce stakeholders, including telecom service providers.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the main trends taking place in European ecommerce market, helping executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesnt, formulate effective product development plans, and optimize resource allocation and return on investment.
- The report includes examples on strategies adopted by ecommerce players that illustrate the findings of the report; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- With more than ten exhibits, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the ecommerce market, analyzing key trends, and strategies.
Section 1: Definitions & Ecommerce Market Context in Europe
Ecommerce Market Drivers in Europe
Popularization of Electronic Payments
Emergence of Big Data and AI
Key Ecommerce Players in Europe
Telco Roles in the Ecommerce Value Chain
Section 2: Case Studies
Section 3: Key Findings and Recommendations
Acronyms and Definitions
List Of Figures
EXHIBIT 1: Definition of Ecommerce
EXHIBIT 2: Global Ecommerce Market Insights
EXHIBIT 3: Competitive Ecommerce Market Drivers in Europe
EXHIBIT 4: Residential Broadband Line Penetration of Households, 2018 vs. 2023
EXHIBIT 5: Mobile Internet Subscription Penetration of the Population, 2018 vs. 2023
EXHIBIT 6: Smartphone Penetration of the Population, 2018 vs. 2023
EXHIBIT 7: Epayments Trends in Europe
EXHIBIT 8: Benefits of Big Data in the Ecommerce Decision-Making Process
EXHIBIT 9: Leading Ecommerce Platforms in Europe
EXHIBIT 10: Sample of Telco ICT Proposition for Ecommerce Players Mapped Against the Ecommerce Customer Journey
EXHIBIT 11: BT Ecommerce Value Proposition
EXHIBIT 12: Deutsche Telekom Ecommerce Value Proposition
EXHIBIT 13: Telia Ecommerce Value Proposition
Ecommerce in Europe: Landscape, Drivers & Inhibitors, and Telco Roles in the Value Chain Ecommerce in Europe: Landscape, Drivers & Inhibitors, and Telco Roles in the Value Chain , is a newView Report
Ecommerce Landscape in Africa and the Middle East: Drivers, Market Players, and Telcos Role Ecommerce Landscape in Africa and the Middle East: Drivers, Market Players, and Telcos Role , is a newView Report
Smart Cities in Europe: Regional Status & Key Case Studies Smart Cities in Europe: Regional Status & Key Case Studies , a new Telecom Insider Report by provides an executive-level overview ofView Report
This report analyses the size of four key digital vertical markets for operators in Europe. It includes revenue forecasts for mobile money (m-money) and payments, digital advertising, mobile commerce (m-commerce)View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request
The Europe market for Ecommerce is a complex one. We were looking for research reports which could give us the best of market ideas. The Aarkstore team did provide us with assistance prior to our purchase and did solve much-needed queries. Glad to be associated with the team.