Ecommerce Landscape in Africa and the Middle East: Drivers, Market Players, and Telcos’ Role
"Ecommerce Landscape in Africa and the Middle East: Drivers, Market Players, and Telcos Role", is a new Telecom Insider Report by They and provides an executive-level overview of the ecommerce market in Africa and the Middle East.
It delivers deep qualitative insights into the ecommerce market, ecommerce value chain, and ecosystem dynamics in the region. It also analyzes key trends and ecommerce solutions being implemented in Africa and the Middle East.
This report looks at the ecommerce market landscape in Africa and the Middle East, examining the main growth drivers and players operating on it. Special attention is put on understanding the role that telcos play in the ecommerce value chain. This report also includes a brief definition and categorization of the main types of ecommerce, as well as insights for the largest markets in the region. Finally, we include two case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights around ecommerce offering in the region. The case studies also give an overview of the type of ecommerce solutions, use cases and value propositions telcos have rolled out.
It provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Definition and ecommerce market context in Africa and the Middle East; provides a general overview, looking at key market insights and growth trends and providing an overview of the main ecommerce players in the region. This section also analyzes in detail the main growth drivers and examines the role that telecom operators play in the ecommerce value chain.
- Section 2: Case studies; includes three case studies on key ecommerce players: illustrates the findings of the report, providing insights around ecommerce offering in the region. The case studies also give an overview of the type of ecommerce solutions, use cases, and value propositions telcos have rolled out.
- Section 3: Key findings and recommendations; the insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for the ecommerce stakeholders, including telecom service providers.
- The ecommerce market in the AME is relatively heterogeneous, with significant differences in development between MENA and SSA.
- They estimates the three largest B2C ecommerce markets in AME are located in the MENA region and generated US$30.9 billion in 2018.
- The proliferation of mobile internet and smartphone devices in the AME will be one of the primary growth drivers for ecommerce activities.
- Due to in relatively poor transportation infrastructure and inaccurate postal addresses, many businesses in the AME often find it challenging to deliver physical merchandise to consumers. Several ecommerce players have developed their own courier companies or partnered/purchased with courier companies to circumvent this challenge.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the main trends taking place in Africa and the Middle Eastern ecommerce market, helping executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesnt, formulate effective product development plans, and optimize resource allocation and return on investment.
- The report includes examples on strategies adopted by ecommerce players that illustrate the findings of the report; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- With more than ten exhibits, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the ecommerce market, analyzing key trends, and strategies.
List of exhibits
Section 1: Definitions & ecommerce market context in Africa and the Middle East (AME)
Ecommerce market drivers in AME
Locally adapted payment options
Innovative last-mile delivery solutions
Key ecommerce players in AME
Telcos role in the ecommerce value chain
Section 2: Case studies
Section 3: Key findings and recommendations
Acronyms and definitions
List Of Figures
EXHIBIT 1: Definition of Ecommerce
EXHIBIT 2: Global Ecommerce Market Insights
EXHIBIT 3: Competitive Ecommerce Market Drivers In AME
EXHIBIT 4: Residential Broadband Lines Penetration of Households, 2018 vs. 2023
EXHIBIT 5: Mobile Internet Subscriptions Penetration of the Population, 2018 vs. 2023
EXHIBIT 6: Smartphone Penetration of the Population, 2018 vs. 2023
EXHIBIT 7: Credit Card And Debit Card Penetration in Selected Markets in the AME, 2018
EXHIBIT 8: Mobile Money Users as a Percentage Of Unique Mobile Users in the AME, 2018
EXHIBIT 9: Last-Mile Delivery Plays a Key Role in the AME Customer Purchasing Journey
EXHIBIT 10: Leading Ecommerce Platforms in AME
EXHIBIT 11: Sample of Telco ICT Proposition for Ecommerce Players Mapped Against the Ecommerce Customer Journey
EXHIBIT 12: Safaricoms M-commerce Platform
EXHIBIT 13: Zain Iraq Ecommerce Value Proposition
COVID-19 Impact on Ecommerce - Thematic ResearchThe COVID-19 outbreak has now spread across the world, leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. This report discusses the impact of theView Report
Ecommerce in Europe: Landscape, Drivers & Inhibitors, and Telco Roles in the Value Chain Ecommerce in Europe: Landscape, Drivers & Inhibitors, and Telco Roles in the Value Chain , is a newView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Low Intensity Led Obstruct Light Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The Low Intensity Led Obstruct Light market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2019, and will reach xx.xx Million USD in 2025, with a CAGR of x.x% during 2020-2025.Under COVID-19View Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Flexible Printed Circuit Boards Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The Flexible Printed Circuit Boards market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2019, and will reach xx.xx Million USD in 2025, with a CAGR of x.x% during 2020-2025.Under COVID-19 outbreakView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request