Smart Cities in Africa and the Middle East: Regional Status & Key Case Studies
"Smart Cities in Africa and the Middle East: Regional Status & Key Case Studies", a new Telecom Insider Report by provides an executive-level overview of the smart city market in Africa and the Middle East (AME). It delivers deep qualitative insights into the smart city market, smart city value chain and ecosystem dynamics in the region. It also analyzes key trends and smart city projects being implemented in AME.
Growing urban demographics and rapid cities expansion are driving governments to deploy smart city solutions to sustain public services, drive economic competitiveness and enable a thriving environment in AME. Smart city initiatives in the region predominantly focus on four areas: mobility, security, sustainability and public services.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Smart cities taxonomy & market context: an overview of the smart city context in AME and analysis of the smart city value-chain and role of telcos.
- The situation of smart cities in AME: an overview on the main smart city opportunities and challenges and how these are driving and impacting smart city investments. This section also an analyzes telcos role within smart city projects in AME.
- Smart city case studies: this section details the business model and strategies of two smart city projects in AME. It also details telcos involvement in these projects.
- Key findings and recommendations: the insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for smart city stakeholders, including telecom service providers.
- AME is a heterogeneous smart cities market with projects are at different stages of development across the region.
- Governments are playing a key role in leading and funding smart city projects in AME.
- Telcos are heavily engaged in providing connectivity solutions through investments in fixed and mobile networks.
- A number of telcos are also ramping up their smart city offerings to move up the smart city value stack and capture new revenue streams.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the value chain and business models of smart city projects in Africa and the Middle East. It helps executives fully understand smart city market dynamics, determine key smart city positionning strategies, formulate effective product development plans and optimize return on investments.
- Two case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights around two smart city projects in the region, including Scope, services, budgets and timelines. The case studies also give an overview of the type of smart city solutions, use cases and value propositions telcos have rolled out. This will help telecom executives craft adapted smart city strategies to unlock new revenue streams.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the smart cities market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for smart city market participants, including telecom service providers.
List of Exhibits
Section 1: Taxonomy & Market Context
Defining a Smart City
Elements of a Smart City
Smart City Value Chain
Section 2: Smart City Situation in Africa and the Middle East
Overview of Smart City Status in Africa and the Middle East
Challenges and Opportunities
Smart City Projects in Africa and the Middle East
Section 3: Smart Cities Case Studies
Lusail Smart City
The Role of Telcos in Lusail Smart City Project
Kigali Smart City
The Role of Telcos in Kigali Smart City Project
Section 4: Key Findings & Recommendations
List Of Figures
Exhibit 1: Smart City Definition
Exhibit 2: The Four Elements of Smart City Projects
Exhibit 3: Smart City Technological Value Chain
Exhibit 4: ITU Classification of Smart City Projects
Exhibit 5: Key Smart City Challenges and Opportunities in Africa and the Middle East
Exhibit 6: Lusail Smart City Snapshot, Qatar, 2018
Exhibit 7: Lusail Smart City Ecosystem
Exhibit 8: Kigali Smart City Snapshot, Rwanda, 2018
Exhibit 9: Kigali Smart City Ecosystem
The market size of the global spoil detection-based smart label sector is expected to rise by USD 599 million with a CAGR of 9.3% by the end of 2028.This industryView Report
The global smart space market is projected to rise by USD 21 billion by 2028. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 17.2 percent during the forecast period.TheView Report
Smart Cities in Europe - Regional Status and Key Case Studies, 2020 UpdateSmart Cities in Europe - Regional Status and Key Case Studies, 2020 Update, a new Telecom Insider ReportView Report
Smart Cities in Africa and Middle East - Regional Status and Key Case Studies, 2020 UpdateSmart Cities in Africa and Middle East - Regional Status and Key Case Studies, 2020View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request