Video Games Sector Scorecard - Thematic Research
The video games industry is booming, driven by a combination of trends including the popularity of relatively new platforms like the Nintendo Switch and advances in technology that have enabled the development of bigger, more immersive games. A measure of the broad reach that the industry now enjoys can be found in the audience for esports (organized multiplayer video game competitions), which is expected to surpass 400 million worldwide in 2019. The introduction of reliable, high-quality streaming services is likely to be the most important technology theme for video games companies in the coming year. Streaming has already caused major disruption in the music, film and TV industries, and it could have just as big an impact on the video games sector. As with any significant upheaval, there will be winners and losers, with content ownership likely to be a major factor in deciding which companies come out on top.
Our thematic scoring methodology is designed to identify tomorrows leaders rather than todays incumbents, based on their competitive position in the most important themes impacting their industry.
To do this, we score the top 600 TMT companies against 60 investment themes, creating a database of 36,000 thematic scores - our thematic engine - to help us identify the strongest and weakest players in each sector over the next two years, once all relevant themes have been taken into account.
- This report is a sector scorecard, which identifies those companies most likely to succeed in a world filled with disruptive threats. Inside, we predict how each theme will evolve and who the leading and lagging companies are.
- It includes a theme map that shows the 60 biggest themes driving growth in the tech, media and telecom sectors.
- It explains how some of the largest listed players in the sector have performed over the last four years.
- It looks at major technology, macro-economic, and regulatory themes impacting video games developers.
Reasons to buy
- Companies who invest in the right themes become success stories; those who miss the big themes end up as failures.
- Corporate executives and investors who want to outperform their competitors need to understand all the themes that impact their sector.
- However, many of these themes are, by definition, outside of the core competencies of company boardrooms because they typically originate from external industries.
- This Video Games Sector Scorecard provides a top-down, comprehensive outlook for the key players in the gaming industry over the next two years, based on the key themes set to transform their industry landscape.
Theme map 3
Sector performance 4
Company performance 4
Technology themes 5
Macro-economic themes 9
Regulatory themes 10
SECTOR SCORECARD: VIDEO GAMES SOFTWARE 11
Whos who 11
Thematic screen 12
Valuation screen 13
Risk screen 14
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 15
Southeast Asia Video Surveillance Systems Market Report (2014-2024) - Market Size, Share, Price, Trend and Forecast
Abstract:The Southeast Asia Video Surveillance Systems market size is $XX million USD in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX million USDView Report
Southeast Asia Video Surveillance Storage Market Report (2014-2024) - Market Size, Share, Price, Trend and Forecast
Abstract:The Southeast Asia Video Surveillance Storage market size is $XX million USD in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX million USDView Report
This report discusses developments in the video games industry in Western Europe. Market success is strongly dependent on the performance of static consoles and therefore largely linked to the consoleView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request