South Korea: Country Intelligence Report
"South Korea: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in South Korea today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
South Koreas telecom and pay-TV services market will reach $39.3bn by 2023, driven by projected growth in the mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2018. Also, mobile data revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 5.0% over 2018-2023, driven by growing adoption of 4G services and projected growth in 5G subscriptions from 2019 onwards, rising mobile internet subscriptions and fast growing M2M connections. Going forward, South Koreas pay-TV revenue will grow at a CAGR of 3.3% led by steady rise in cable, DTH subscriptions, and projected growth in IPTV subscriptions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in South Korea.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in South Korea will grow at a CAGR of 1.1% during 2018-2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for the majority of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2023, driven by increasing adoption of 4G services and projected 5G growth.
- SK leads South Koreas mobile market in terms of subscriptions as of 2018, followed by KT, LG U+ and CJ Hellovision. All the three major incumbents focuses on tapping the growing demand for high-speed mobile broadband services and plans to launch 5G services by early 2019.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of South Koreas telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying The Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in South Koreas mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in South Koreas telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in South Korea.
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
SK Telecom 29
LG U+ 30
Additional resources 31
Baseline forecast assumptions 32
Data tables 33
Research methodology 38
Country Intelligence Report coverage 39
About GlobalData 40
South Korea Telecom Operators Country Intelligence ReportSouth Korea Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by It, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in SouthView Report
Global Smart Greenhouse Market- By Technology (HVAC, LED Grow Light, Communication Technology, Irrigation System, Material Handling, Valves and Pumps, Control System, Others), By Type (Hydroponic, Non-Hydroponic), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East, & Africa)- Global forecast from 2020-2027.
The Global Smart Greenhouse market fuelling the market growth in the wake of increasing population and technology advancementThe global smart greenhouse market has the potential to grow with USD 3.38View Report
Construction in South Korea: COVID-19 Sector ImpactIt expects the construction industrys growth to decline to -2.8% in 2020. Although there will be a recovery, construction output value in real termsView Report
Insurance in South Korea: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Sector Impact Insurance in South Korea: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Sector Impact report provides brief review of the key trends and evolving developments that shape theView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request