Retail: Top 5 trends for 2019 and beyond
Retail will experience significant change over the coming years. Some brands holding a large number of physical stores have struggled against the rise of pure online enterprises. Success for some has been found through creating highly adaptable business models.
A key area for major retailers is next-day delivery services, and these are likely to reform in response to rising discontent concerning employment regulations. Elsewhere technological advances are predicted to not only change how consumers shop but how the underlying business structure functions too. Retail companies are entering another period of fundamental change in how the sector is organized - adapting to new challenges is critical.
- Next day delivery has proven essential to online retailer expansion, but depending upon the results of court cases regarding employment rights around the world the future of fast delivery services could be cast into doubt.
- Integrating technology into the customer shopping experience at physical stores is taking on greater relevance as prominent retailers seek to head-off the challenge presented by pure online offerings.
- Seniors are a powerful consumer group due to high spending power, and over the coming years retailers will continue the trend of targeting these consumers.
- Examines the growth of purely online retailers
- Analyzes the threat of gig economy regulation
- Explores the introduction of new technology into stores
- Looks at the rise of the grey dollar
- Assesses the growth of the Internet of Things
Reasons to buy
- What role will the Internet of Things play?
- Will the rise of the grey dollar continue?
- What is the future of next day delivery?
- Will online retailers continue rapid growth?
- How will stores change due to improved technology?
Internet retail stores will thrive whilst high-street is beset by financial troubles
Online retailers will exert greater pressure on physical store outlets
Some leading brands remain on top following reform of business models
String of bad financial results for several high-street brands reveals rising control of internet retailers
Next day delivery services are expanding, but regulation could change matters
Court cases are exerting pressure on vital gig economy, potentially creating big problems for major retailers
Fierce battles over future of gig economy in United States could have far reaching consequences for global retailers
Technology entering stores represents future of immersive shopping
Integration of technology into consumer shopping experience is now vital
New technology will transform the physical shopping experience
Holographic imaging to provide retail stores with key advantages over online shopping
Virtual reality will change how consumers purchase high-value items
Quietly expanding, the Internet of things is creeping into retail
Internet of Things is conforming to consumer needs much better
Internet of Things is predicted to improve retailer business operations
Supply chains are predicted to further embrace IoT technology in race for efficiency
Under pressure to expand revenues, retail is courting the grey dollar
Major retail brands are increasingly appealing to older consumers, but doing so is not without challenge
Appealing to desires of senior consumers rather than age will unlock spending potential
Retailers face period of profound change to business environment
Ask the analyst
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Boohoo Group revenues (m) 2013 to 2018
Figure 2: Inditex revenue (EURbn) 2009 to 2017
Figure 3: New Look Retail Group Ltd profit/loss (m) 2013 to 2018
Figure 4: Deliveroo
Figure 5: California Supreme Court ruling, 2018
Figure 6: Ralph Lauren holographic fashion show, 2015
Figure 7: Samsung interactive mirror
Figure 8: Amazon dash button
Figure 9: Internet of Things
Figure 10: UK population aged over 65-years (million) 2000 to 2017
Figure 11: Daphne Selfe
Retail: Top 5 trends for 2019 and beyondRetail will experience significant change over the coming years. Some brands holding a large number of physical stores have struggled against the riseView Report
Food Retail: Millennials have specific requirements when it comes to foodThe millennial generation is proving to be a tricky group to cater to for many businesses. At face value, inView Report
Syrups & Spreads Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide 2014-2023The Emerging 5 Syrups & Spreads industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (valueView Report
Real Estate Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide 2014-2023The Emerging 5 Real Estate industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: Industry size (value and volume 2014-18, andView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request