Global Retail 2018: Issues and Trends
It details the current issues retailers face and how technology has changed the retail model from supply, to demand led and created a far more costly and complex retail sector. A new retail model is emerging - platform retail - where online and offline merge and use customer data and technology to understand how we now consume and what products and services we require.
It highlights how mature Western retailers are adapting and changing their businesses and new entrants are expanding beyond their core, online businesses, and partnering with physical retailers to adapt to changing consumer demand and lifestyles.
It summarises the issues, the trends and the opportunities there are for retailers to adapt their businesses to cope with these issues.
This report outlines the common issues facing retailers globally and how they are reacting as they face a retail landscape that is changing constantly and rapidly and becoming completely unrecognisable from the traditional model that evolved over centuries.
- Retailers in mature Western markets facing overcapacity and diluted consumer spending are seeking strategic partnerships in growth markets such as China and India to utilise the skills of incumbent online operators.
- Platform retail is taking over from the traditional retail model as both online and offline retailers utilise technology and data to understand consumer shopping behaviour in both the physical and virtual environment.
- Retail is being cut out of the consumption process as technology provides the means for consumers to buy direct - making customer loyalty even more essential.
- Shopping malls are changing with consumer trends and retail is being integrated into social model that incorporates lifestyle and connectivity.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the main issues that retailers face globally and how retailers are adapting their businesses to deal with these concerns.
- Learn from the trends detailed in this report how leading retailers are developing their businesses to engage more effectively with changing consumer behaviour.
- Discover the opportunities technology provides for retailers to exploit new trends and build a sustainable business in the face of rising costs and operational complexity.
Summary of issues, trends and opportunities for global retailers
The major trends impacting global retailers
New markets adopting online fast, skipping traditional retail
Web-based retailers gaining dominance
New retail model - platform retail
Alibaba and New Retail
Online and offline merging
Consumer demand for convenience - frictionless shopping
Catering for demand for convenience cost effectively
Strategic partnerships in convenience shopping
Universal demand for value in food
Rise of discounters
New entrants in general merchandise
New channels cutting out the traditional retailer
Changing consumer behaviour, sharing, renting
Changing consumer behaviour - recycling product
Demand slows, spend diluted by choice - overcapacity
Mature markets losing share
Overcapacity leading to demise of traditional models
Complacency and poor retailing major factor in failures
Retailers adapting to new demand and shopping styles
Impact of social media on beauty sector
Brands controlling their retail propositions
Brand equity - standing out in a crowded market
Shift to experiences - but shopping still relevant
New retail channels - travel retail
Delivering a new retail experience to stimulate spending
New experiential retail models
New retail models
New retail models - subscription services
New retail models - digital assistants
New retail - new role for shopping centres
Top 50 Global Department Store Retailers 2019 - Company Insight market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 650View Report
Top 50 Global Clothing & Footwear Retailers 2019 - Company Insight market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 650View Report
Top 50 Global Retailers 2019 - Company Insight market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 650View Report
Top 50 Global Retailer Groups 2019 - Company Insight market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 650View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request