Global Online Retail Industry Profile & Value Chain Analysis
Global Online Retail industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative Summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the sector.
The value/supply chain analysis reveals the business activities which comprise the global online retail sectors value/supply chain. All key stages are highlighted, along with examples of companies active, and assessments of the burning issues for every stage of the value/supply chain. Key value/supply chain stages analyzed include product manufacturing, suppliers, online retailers, and delivery.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global online retail sector. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The online retail sector includes all sales within each category listed below, provided they take place over the internet, where the payment does not occur in-store on a later occasion. Data is included irrespective of whether the vendor is a pure-play internet company or the online offering of a bricks and mortar retailer. Apparel retail includes menswear, womenswear and childrenswear.
Electrical & electronics retail includes communications equipment, computer hardware & software, consumer electronics, household appliances and photographic equipment.
Food & grocery retail includes food, drinks, household products and tobacco.
Footwear includes mens, womens and childrens footwear.
Home & garden products includes gardening & outdoor living, home improvement and homewares.
Any other retail market segments include only the sub-markets named.
The "Other" segment is a sum of the following markets; Jewelry, Watches All currency conversions are carried out at constant annual average 2016 exchange rates.
- The global online retail sector generated total revenues of $929.8bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- The electrical & electronics retail segment was the sectors most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of $297.6bn, equivalent to 32% of the sectors overall value.
- The maturity of the US and European online retail sector also led to a shift in consumption patterns. Growth of the apparel retail segment in particular, which had a limited reach in the early years of e-commerce, has outpaced that of the previously buoyant electrical & electronics segment. This implies that consumers dissonance towards online transactions regarding physical contact with the product in order to increase awareness has been curbed.
- Customers can buy almost any product online and as a result the range of manufacturers is huge
- Donald Trump has claimed that Amazon costs the US Postal Service billions of dollars a year but the company could be gearing up to become more independent.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the online retail sector
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global online retail sector
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key online retail sector players global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global online retail sector with five year forecasts
- Quickly and easily identify the key stages and sub-stages of the global online retail sector value/supply chain
- See examples of companies active at each stage of the global online retail sector value/supply chain
- Examine trends and burning issues impacting the global online retail sector value/supply chain
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the global online retail sector by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global online retail sector in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global online retail sector?
- How has the sector performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global online retail sector?
- Who are the top competitors in the global online retail sector?
- What are the key stages of the global online retail sector value/supply chain?
Executive Summary 2
Value chain analysis 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Value Chain Analysis 7
Online Retail Sector complete value chain overview 7
Product Manufacturing 9
Online Retailers 13
Market Overview 17
Market definition 17
Market analysis 17
Market Data 19
Market value 19
Market Segmentation 20
Category segmentation 20
Geography segmentation 21
Market distribution 22
Market Outlook 23
Market value forecast 23
Five Forces Analysis 24
Buyer power 26
Supplier power 28
New entrants 29
Threat of substitutes 31
Degree of rivalry 32
Leading Companies 35
Alibaba Group Holding Limited 35
Amazon.com, Inc. 39
Apple Inc 42
JD.com, Inc. 47
Industry associations 51
Related MarketLine research 51
About MarketLine 52
List Of TablesList of Tables
Table 1: Global online retail sector value: $ billion, 2013-17(e) 19
Table 2: Global online retail sector category segmentation: $ billion, 2017(e) 20
Table 3: Global online retail sector geography segmentation: $ billion, 2017(e) 21
Table 4: Global online retail sector distribution: % share, by value, 2017(e) 22
Table 5: Global online retail sector value forecast: $ billion, 2017-22 23
Table 6: Alibaba Group Holding Limited: key facts 35
Table 7: Alibaba Group Holding Limited: key financials ($) 37
Table 8: Alibaba Group Holding Limited: key financials (CNY) 37
Table 9: Alibaba Group Holding Limited: key financial ratios 37
Table 10: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts 39
Table 11: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financials ($) 40
Table 12: Amazon.com, Inc.: key financial ratios 40
Table 13: Apple Inc: key facts 42
Table 14: Apple Inc: key financials ($) 44
Table 15: Apple Inc: key financial ratios 45
Table 16: JD.com, Inc.: key facts 47
Table 17: JD.com, Inc.: key financials ($) 48
Table 18: JD.com, Inc.: key financials (CNY) 48
Table 19: JD.com, Inc.: key financial ratios 48
List Of FiguresList fo Figures
Figure 1: Online Retail Sector complete value chain overview 7
Figure 2: Online Retail Sector complete value chain with active companies 8
Figure 3: Product Manufacturing - Overview 9
Figure 4: Suppliers - Overview 11
Figure 5: Online Retailers - Overview 13
Figure 6: Delivery - Overview 15
Figure 7: Global online retail sector value: $ billion, 2013-17(e) 19
Figure 8: Global online retail sector category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017(e) 20
Figure 9: Global online retail sector geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017(e) 21
Figure 10: Global online retail sector distribution: % share, by value, 2017(e) 22
Figure 11: Global online retail sector value forecast: $ billion, 2017-22 23
Figure 12: Forces driving competition in the global online retail sector, 2017 24
Figure 13: Drivers of buyer power in the global online retail sector, 2017 26
Figure 14: Drivers of supplier power in the global online retail sector, 2017 28
Figure 15: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global online retail sector, 2017 29
Figure 16: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global online retail sector, 2017 31
Figure 17: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global online retail sector, 2017 32
Figure 18: Alibaba Group Holding Limited: revenues & profitability 38
Figure 19: Alibaba Group Holding Limited: assets & liabilities 38
Figure 20: Amazon.com, Inc.: revenues & profitability 41
Figure 21: Amazon.com, Inc.: assets & liabilities 41
Figure 22: Apple Inc: revenues & profitability 45
Figure 23: Apple Inc: assets & liabilities 46
Figure 24: JD.com, Inc.: revenues & profitability 49
Figure 25: JD.com, Inc.: assets & liabilities 49
Global Online Tutoring Market Size study, by Courses (STEM, Language, Others) and Regional Forecasts 2018-2025
Global Online Tutoring Market to reach USD XX billion by 2025. Global Online Tutoring Market valued approximately USD XX billion in 2017 is anticipated to grow with a healthy growthView Report
The Global and Southeast Asia Smart Retail Systems Industry, 2013-2023 Market Research Report is a professional and in-depth study on the current state of the global Smart Retail Systems industryView Report
Online Retail in PeruOnline Retail in Peru industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative information including: market size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptionsView Report
Online Retailing in Hungary, & Forecasts Online Retailing in Hungary, & Forecasts to 2022 , report provides a detailed analysis of both the historic and forecast market data ofView Report
Your are not allow to send sample request
Fill The Form For Sample Request