Is Amazon Go Ready for Take-off? Fully automated checkout-free stores could be the future
"Is Amazon Go Ready for Take-off?", report discusses Amazon Gos concept and the strategy behind this innovative approach, as well as its impact on the retail market. Technological and operational challenges are also discussed, which are holding back expansion. Moreover, advice for retailers and technology vendors is provided.
Amazons latest automated store concept is based on a large number of sensors and cameras at shelf level and a mobile app, which eliminates the need for checkouts. It changes the way how stores operate by linking purchases to customers profiles with granular insight into their behavior.
- The high cost and complexity of the Amazon Go solution makes it unsuitable for mainstream usage yet, therefore other retailers look at partial automation of their checkouts instead.
- Technical issues are holding back wider adoption since there are still too many instances where items are not detected correctly or system errors occur.
- The Amazon Go concept is inspirational rather than practical, and primarily supports Amazons wider strategy of establishing itself as an omnichannel retailer rather than focusing on profitability.
Reasons to buy
- Get an understanding of Amazons checkout-free store concept and what it means for the competition.
- Evaluate Amazons technology and strategy, and how it could be applied to other retailers in an innovative way.
What is all the buzz about? 2
What is holding back wider rollouts? 3
What can retailers learn from Amazon? 4
How should vendors position their smart store concepts? 5
2022 Snap-on Half-Year Review and Outlook--Strategic SWOT Analysis, Performance, Capabilities, Goals and Strategies in the Global Retail Industry
2022 Philip Morris International Half-Year Review and Outlook--Strategic SWOT Analysis, Performance, Capabilities, Goals and Strategies in the Global Retail Industry
Fill The Form For Sample Request