The UK Womenswear Market 2017 - 2022
"The UK Womenswear Market 2017 - 2022", report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the market (including forecasts up to 2022), the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It provides in-depth analysis of the following: the hot issues impacting the market (the squeeze of the midmarket, the threat posed by Amazon, how technology can enhance the instore customer shopping journey, and also new entrants in the market), strategies for success, market sizes and forecasts, retailer profiles, retailer market shares, consumer data and future outlook.
Womenswear volumes are forecast to fall 0.8% in 2017, the first decline we have seen since the economic downturn, as shoppers squeezed disposable incomes and higher prices force consumers to cut back on clothing and prioritise essentials. Womenswear growth will underperform total clothing by 1.0 percentage point over the next five years. While Marks & Spencer remains market leader it continues to cede share, with a 0.2 percentage point decline expected in 2017 - though runner up Nexts share is also forecast to fall this year.
- Value for money remains the biggest purchase motivator in womenswear; however, quality has now overtaken price as the second most important driver.
- The online womenswear market is forecast to grow by almost 50% over the next five years, equating to an additional 3.2bn in spend.
- Social media has a particularly influential role in the womenswear market, inspiring 69.5% of 16-24 year olds clothing choices.
Reasons to buy
- Learn which segments of the UK womenswear market are highly saturated and which areas are underserved by utilising our womenswear positioning map to inform strategic decisions and seize growth opportunities.
- Use our in-depth analysis of the challenges faced by the big four midmarket retailers to understand how to steal their shoppers and market share.
- Utilise our analysis of new entrants in the UK womenswear market such as ARKET and Reserved to understand the threat they pose to your business.
- Discover what inspires female shoppers clothing choices across different age groups to make your marketing campaigns more effective and drive engagement among consumers.
The hot issues
What people buy
Where people shop
How & why people shop
Variety stores remained under duress in 2018 overall, with distinctly divergent fortunes across the channel. The performance of the category continued to be affected by the sale by traditional domesticView Report
Mobile internet retailing continues to outperform sales growth in internet retailing as a whole in 2018, as a growing share of online sales migrated from laptops and desktops to smartphonesView Report
Country Profile: Cosmetics & Toiletries in the UKThe UK cosmetics & toiletries industry is led by the skincare sector in the value terms , while feminine hygiene is forecast toView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request