Ecommerce in Retail - Thematic Research
Ecommerce in Retail - Thematic Research
Over the last decade, retail has undergone a fundamental change on the back of heightened connectivity, increasing competition, and rising customer expectations. Permanent store closures were already rife in the retail sector before the COVID-19 pandemic due to changing consumer habits and spend shifting online. Many retailers have been quick to re-strategize and restructure their business to find new ways to engage with customers, while others have struggled.
- Ecommerce companies face two major challenges. The first is making the industry more sustainable. Companies must tackle waste, make deliveries more energyefficient, and improve working conditions. The second challenge is adapting to new regulations. As EU and US regulators turn on Big Tech, the winners will be those companies that avoid reputational damage by implementing new regulations quickly while remaining profitable.
- Consumers are becoming ever more demanding of the services and products they purchase, and retailers are being placed under greater pressure to provide an experience that is unique for each customer. Personalization and frictionless shopping on ecommerce platforms are becoming increasingly important among consumers, as they demand access to specialized products with a seamless experience and a strong customer service element.
- The global ecommerce market grew from $399 billion in 2010 to $1.6 trillion in 2019, according to GlobalData forecasts. Key to this growth has been the spread of the internet, with the number of users worldwide increasing from 847 million in 2010 to 4 billion in 2019.
- The ecommerce value chain has five discrete layers: customer interface, order management, transaction processing, fulfillment, and after-sales service. These layers are underpinned by data, which provides the backbone for all successful ecommerce operations.
- This report breaks down the ecommerce theme into its value chain, covering core pillars such as: fulfilment, personalization, social media, innovations, acquisitions & partnerships, services, payments, and mobile as a priority.
- We discuss the major challenges at each stage of the value chain, and provide an overview of the leaders, losers and disruptors within the theme. This is followed by a full technology briefing, detailed industry analysis and global market forecasts, as well as providing insight into the impact of COVID-19 on the theme.
Reasons to Buy
- Break down the complexity of ecommerce into relevant topics for your speicific business, so you can create a more dynamic and effective strategy to keep customers.
- Understand the history of ecommerce and how it continues to develop today, allowing you to grasp a wider view of changes in consumer behaviour and how it will impact your markets.
- Explore how technological trends (such as AI, AR and 5G) are enabling ecommerce to evolve, so you can better position yourself for long-term success.
- Discover how the world-leading retailers, across the US, Eurozone and Asia, are investing in ecommerce, allowing you greater clarity on which ecommerce strategies are proving successful and where the best investments are for greater customer retention.
Mergers and acquisitions
Our thematic research methodology
Bed Bath & Beyond
Marks & Spencer
Ecommerce in Apparel - Thematic ResearchThis report briefs the growth of e-commerce in Apparel and the impact of COVID-19 on it. It also reveals the trends and leading apparel playersView Report
Ecommerce in Consumer Goods - Thematic ResearchThis report explores the ecommerce theme and what it means for consumer goods companies.The global ecommerce market grew from $399bn in 2010 to $2.2tnView Report
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines, objects, animals or people that are provided with unique identifiers (UIDs) and the abilityView Report
The image recognition technology can be utilized for retail applications to process, analyze and understanding images. In the context of China-US trade war and COVID-19 epidemic, it will have aView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request