Books in Japan
Books in Japan
Books in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The books market is comprised of the value of total retail sales of physical and digital books.
- The Japanese books market had total revenues of $6.5bn in 2019, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -2.0% between 2015 and 2019.
- Print manga sales grew 4% in 2019, bolstered by major publishers increasing prices and breakout hits like Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba.
- The physical segment was the markets most lucrative in 2019, with total revenues of $5.5bn, equivalent to 84.0% of the markets overall value.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the books market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the books market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key books market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan books market with five year forecasts
Reasons to Buy
- What was the size of the Japan books market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the Japan books market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan books market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japans books market?
1 Executive Summary
1.1. Market value
1.2. Market value forecast
1.3. Category segmentation
1.4. Geography segmentation
1.5. Market rivalry
1.6. Competitive Landscape
2 Market Overview
2.1. Market definition
2.2. Market analysis
3 Market Data
3.1. Market value
4 Market Segmentation
4.1. Category segmentation
4.2. Geography segmentation
5 Market Outlook
5.1. Market value forecast
6 Five Forces Analysis
6.2. Buyer power
6.3. Supplier power
6.4. New entrants
6.5. Threat of substitutes
6.6. Degree of rivalry
7 Competitive Landscape
7.1. Who are the leading players?
7.2. What Strategies do leading players follow?
8 Company Profiles
8.1. Kinokuniya Company Ltd.
8.2. Maruzen Co Ltd
8.3. Amazon.com, Inc.
9 Macroeconomic Indicators
9.1. Country data
10.2. Industry associations
10.3. Related MarketLine research
10.4. About MarketLine
List Of Tables
Table 1: Japan books market value: $ million, 2015-19
Table 2: Japan books market category segmentation: $ million, 2019
Table 3: Japan books market geography segmentation: $ million, 2019
Table 4: Japan books market value forecast: $ million, 2019-24
Table 5: Kinokuniya Company Ltd.: key facts
Table 6: Kinokuniya Company Ltd.: Key Employees
Table 7: Maruzen Co Ltd: key facts
Table 8: Maruzen Co Ltd: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 9: Maruzen Co Ltd: Key Employees
Table 10: Amazon.com, Inc.: key facts
Table 11: Amazon.com, Inc.: Annual Financial Ratios
Table 12: Amazon.com, Inc.: Key Employees
Table 13: Japan size of population (million), 2015-19
Table 14: Japan gdp (constant 2005 prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 15: Japan gdp (current prices, $ billion), 2015-19
Table 16: Japan inflation, 2015-19
Table 17: Japan consumer price index (absolute), 2015-19
Table 18: Japan exchange rate, 2015-19
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Japan books market value: $ million, 2015-19
Figure 2: Japan books market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 3: Japan books market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2019
Figure 4: Japan books market value forecast: $ million, 2019-24
Figure 5: Forces driving competition in the books market in Japan, 2019
Figure 6: Drivers of buyer power in the books market in Japan, 2019
Figure 7: Drivers of supplier power in the books market in Japan, 2019
Figure 8: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the books market in Japan, 2019
Figure 9: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the books market in Japan, 2019
Figure 10: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the books market in Japan, 2019
A new micropump developed at the University of Utah is made of three layers (upper illustration) of PDMS, a material similar to clear silicone bathtub caulk. In the context ofView Report
Veterinary ophthalmoscopes are vital for checking the eyesight of the animal, especially the older patients. In the context of China-US trade war and global economic volatility and uncertainty, it willView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request