Amazon in the global online retail market: Market size and shares 2016 & 2017
"Amazon in the global online retail market: Market size and shares 2016 & 2017", provides an overview of the Amazons position in the global online market, its share and sales in the global online market in 2017, its major markets and competitive landscape.
Amazon accounted for 9.5% of total global online retail sales in 2017 and its largest share regionally is in the Americas where it has a 13.6% share.
- Amazon accounted for 9.5% of total global online retail sales in 2017 and its largest share regionally is in the Americas where it has a 13.6% share.
- The US, its home market, is its major market where it generates US$57.1bn of retail sales online and has a 14.8% share of total online retail sales.
- Its Top Five markets are USA, Japan, Germany , UK and China - but while it commands market shares between 17% and 14% in the Top Four, it only has a 1.8% share in China where, though it has huge potential, it is up against major local operators.
- Apart from underdeveloped markets in Bulgaria, Mexico and Saudi Arabia, its online market share does not exceed 18% and is mainly in single digits. However it was the number one online retailer in 23 countries in 2016.
- The majority of its sales were in what we class as other categories - such as books, music, video (its initial products) but electricals led in 2016, then clothing & footwear. Food & grocery is its smallest sector by sales, but this is set to grow fast as it expands its physical presence as well as online businesses in this sector.
- Walmarts total global retail sales give it a major lead on Amazon, but as Amazon expands its physical space and grows sales in the largest sector, food & grocery, it will narrow the gap, and its lead over Home Depot in third place will widen.
Reasons to buy
Understand what is Amazons -
- Share of the global online retail market in 2017??
- Share of online retail sales by country in 2017??
- Retail sales online in its Top 10 markets?
- Fastest growing markets in 2017?
- Major product sectors by sales?
Amazons online retail sales and shares in 2017
Comparisons with other major retailers and sector shares 2016
2021 Amazon.com Strategic SWOT Analysis--Performance, Capabilities, Goals and Strategies in the Global Retail Industry
This report is part of the LeadingMarketResearch.com Competitive Analysis Series, which includes assessments of more than 1,000 companies worldwide.The report provides significant competitor information, analysis and insight critical to theView Report
Evolution of Online Marketplaces - eBay and Facebook are rising to challenge Amazons dominanceAs 2020 draws to a close, the battle on online marketplaces for consumers who have been unableView Report
A Self-Organizing Network (SON) is an automation technology designed to make the planning, configuration, management, optimization and healing of mobile radio access networks simpler and faster. In the context ofView Report
Telecommunication Services in the United Kingdom - Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025
Telecommunication Services in the United Kingdom - Market , Competitive Analysis and Forecast to 2025Telecommunication Services in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative information including:View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request