Global Pharmaceuticals Industry Profile & Value Chain Analysis
Global Pharmaceuticals industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative Summary information including: market share, market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
The value/supply chain analysis reveals the business activities which comprise the global pharmaceuticals markets value/supply chain. All key stages are highlighted, along with examples of companies active, and assessments of the burning issues for every stage of the value/supply chain. Key value/supply chain stages analyzed include raw ingredients, manufacturing, buyers and end-users.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global pharmaceuticals market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The pharmaceuticals market consists of ethical drugs only and does not include consumer healthcare or animal healthcare. Market values have been calculated at ex-factory prices (the value at which manufacturers sell the drugs to distributors). Any currency conversions used in the production of this report have been calculated at constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The global pharmaceuticals market had total revenues of $946.1bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% between 2012 and 2016.
- The US, Japan and China are the largest global pharmaceutical markets followed by the four biggest European markets: France, Germany, the UK, and Italy. Amongst that number it is China that is producing the strongest growth every year, whilst the European states have been stifled due to current healthcare spending cultures in the region.
- The patent cliff has caused revenue losses for many companies. The sales of Pfizer, Novartis and Merck & Co. fell when they lost their patents for Lipitor, Diovan and Singulair, respectively. AstraZeneca has been particularly affected by the patent cliff.
- Raw ingredients in pharmaceuticals are very wide-ranging in Scope but can be loosely combined into groups. Pharmaceutical companies are responsible for sourcing ingredients.
- Manufacturing of pharmaceutical drugs is typically undertaken by large, international pharmaceutical companies.
- Health care providers make the majority of pharmaceutical purchases, but pharmacies and retailers remain important buyers for pharmaceutical companies.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the pharmaceuticals market in
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global pharmaceuticals market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pharmaceuticals market players global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global pharmaceuticals market with five year forecasts
- Quickly and easily identify the key stages and sub-stages of the global pharmaceuticals market value/supply chain
- See examples of companies active at each stage of the global pharmaceuticals market value/supply chain
- Examine trends and burning issues impacting the global pharmaceuticals market value/supply chain
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the global pharmaceuticals market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the global pharmaceuticals market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global pharmaceuticals market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in the global pharmaceuticals market?
- What are the key stages of the global pharmaceuticals market value/supply chain?
Executive Summary 2
Value chain analysis 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market share 2
Market rivalry 2
Value Chain Analysis 7
Pharmaceuticals Market complete value chain overview 7
Raw Ingredients 9
Market Overview 17
Market definition 17
Market analysis 17
Market Data 19
Market value 19
Market Segmentation 20
Geography segmentation 20
Market share 21
Market Outlook 22
Market value forecast 22
Five Forces Analysis 23
Buyer power 25
Supplier power 27
New entrants 28
Threat of substitutes 30
Degree of rivalry 31
Leading Companies 32
Bayer AG 32
Johnson & Johnson 36
Novartis AG 39
Pfizer Inc. 42
Industry associations 46
Related MarketLine research 46
About MarketLine 47
List Of TablesList of Tables
Table 1: Global pharmaceuticals market value: $ billion, 2012-16 19
Table 2: Global pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2016 20
Table 3: Global pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2016 21
Table 4: Global pharmaceuticals market value forecast: $ billion, 2016-21 22
Table 5: Bayer AG: key facts 32
Table 6: Bayer AG: key financials ($) 33
Table 7: Bayer AG: key financials () 33
Table 8: Bayer AG: key financial ratios 34
Table 9: Johnson & Johnson: key facts 36
Table 10: Johnson & Johnson: key financials ($) 37
Table 11: Johnson & Johnson: key financial ratios 37
Table 12: Novartis AG: key facts 39
Table 13: Novartis AG: key financials ($) 40
Table 14: Novartis AG: key financial ratios 40
Table 15: Pfizer Inc.: key facts 42
Table 16: Pfizer Inc.: key financials ($) 43
Table 17: Pfizer Inc.: key financial ratios 43
List Of FiguresList fo Figures
Figure 1: Pharmaceuticals Market complete value chain overview 7
Figure 2: Pharmaceuticals Market complete value chain with active companies 8
Figure 3: Raw Ingredients - Overview 9
Figure 4: Manufacturing - Overview 11
Figure 5: Buyers - Overview 13
Figure 6: End-Users - Overview 15
Figure 7: Global pharmaceuticals market value: $ billion, 2012-16 19
Figure 8: Global pharmaceuticals market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2016 20
Figure 9: Global pharmaceuticals market share: % share, by value, 2016 21
Figure 10: Global pharmaceuticals market value forecast: $ billion, 2016-21 22
Figure 11: Forces driving competition in the global pharmaceuticals market, 2016 23
Figure 12: Drivers of buyer power in the global pharmaceuticals market, 2016 25
Figure 13: Drivers of supplier power in the global pharmaceuticals market, 2016 27
Figure 14: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global pharmaceuticals market, 2016 28
Figure 15: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global pharmaceuticals market, 2016 30
Figure 16: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global pharmaceuticals market, 2016 31
Figure 17: Bayer AG: revenues & profitability 34
Figure 18: Bayer AG: assets & liabilities 35
Figure 19: Johnson & Johnson: revenues & profitability 38
Figure 20: Johnson & Johnson: assets & liabilities 38
Figure 21: Novartis AG: revenues & profitability 40
Figure 22: Novartis AG: assets & liabilities 41
Figure 23: Pfizer Inc.: revenues & profitability 43
Figure 24: Pfizer Inc.: assets & liabilities 44
Tay-Sachs Disease Clinical Trials Review, H2, 2018 Clinical trial report, Tay-Sachs Disease Clinical Trials Review, H2, 2018 provides an overview of Tay-Sachs Disease clinical trials scenario. ThisView Report
Tardive Dyskinesia Clinical Trials Review, H2, 2018 Clinical trial report, “Tardive Dyskinesia Clinical Trials Review, H2, 2018 provides an overview of Tardive Dyskinesia clinical trials scenario. ThisView Report
The Hospital Pharmaceuticals market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2013, grew to xx.xx Million USD in 2017, and will reach xx.xx Million USD in 2023, with a CAGR ofView Report
This study focuses on Chinas Emerging Pharmaceuticals industry forecasts. In the two past decades, the industry has been growing at a fast pace. The dramatic expansions of theView Report
Your are not allow to send sample request
Fill The Form For Sample Request