Drones in Oil & Gas - Thematic Research
Unmanned aerial vehicles - UAVs or, more commonly, drones - have become integral to the oil and gas industry over the last few years owing to their increasing usability as technology has advanced. This is bolstered further by falling hardware costs and easing government regulations. The industrys steady transition towards digital transformation using sensors, cloud computing and the Internet of Things (IoT) is providing an added impetus to drone usage.
Drone adoption in the oil and gas industry initially revolved around strategic deployments for remote monitoring and surveillance of assets during regular operations and in emergency situations. Recent advancements in sensing and imaging technologies are enabling drones to be deployed in a wide range of settings for performing inspection and predictive maintenance of critical infrastructure. Drone makers are also collaborating with oil and gas companies to develop custom drone platforms that can be equipped with different types of data collection technologies for obtaining real-time insights.
- Overview of the emergence of drones as a theme in the oil and gas industry and its impact on operations.
- Detailed analysis of the emerging use cases for drones across the oil and gas value chain.
- A brief overview of the major application areas for the drones in the oil and gas industry.
- Assessment of the overall drones market across different industry verticals.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the importance of adopting drone technology in oil and gas operations.
- Identify the key applications and trends for the drones theme.
- A review of some of the case studies highlighting the growing capabilities of drones in addressing business challenges across the oil and gas value chain.
- Identify and benchmark key oil and gas companies based on their exposure to drones theme.
IMPACT OF DRONES ON THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY 4
Drone usage across the oil and gas industry 4
Drone-related developments in the oilfield services sector 4
Technology and regulatory highlights 5
Case studies 6
BP: Surveillance drones to monitor road conditions in Alaska 6
Kinsale Energy: Drone-based inspection for decommissioning of assets 7
Gazprom: Use of drones for hydrocarbon exploration 8
Equinor: Drone-mounted sensors for detecting methane emissions 8
Intel and Cyberhawk: Inspection of a gas terminal using drones 8
Chevron: Demonstrating the effectiveness of drones in tackling industrial accidents 9
Applications of drones in oil and gas 11
Technology trends 12
Macroeconomic trends 15
Regulatory trends 18
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS 22
Market size and growth forecasts 22
Competitive analysis 25
VALUE CHAIN 27
The hardware layer is a fundamental component in the drone value chain 28
The software layer is getting increasingly crowded 29
DaaS providers are the new entrants in the industry 30
COMPANIES SECTION 31
Oil and gas companies 31
Public companies 32
Private companies 35
TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING 37
Anatomy of a drone 37
Key technologies within a drone 39
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 45
Drones in Oil & Gas - Thematic ResearchUnmanned aerial vehicles - UAVs or, more commonly, drones - have become integral to the oil and gas industry over the last fewView Report
Europe Inspection Drones in Electric Power Market Report (2014-2024) - Market Size, Share, Price, Trend and Forecast
Abstract:The Europe Inspection Drones in Electric Power market size is $XX million USD in 2018 with XX CAGR from 2014 to 2018, and it is expected to reach $XX millionView Report
Spain Oils and Fats - Market Assessment and Forecasts to 2024 market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 875View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request