Global Mine-Site Technology Adoption Survey, 2018
The "Global Mine-Site Technology Adoption Survey, 2018", analyses the results of interviews with key personnel at over 200 operating mines across the globe. The survey examines trends in uptake of 13 technologies at the mine site, spanning mine management software, predictive maintenance, drones, cloud, augmented reality, virtual reality, wearables, remote control vehicles and more. The report also identifies intentions to invest in the next two years, and compares results by region, mine type and company type.
The survey extended to mines across all regions, all mine types and a wide range of commodities, including iron ore, coal, base metals and precious metals. The survey was conducted between July and October 2018. Analysis of the results is provided by region, by mine type and by company type, relating the responses from majors with the mid-size and smaller miners.
- Across all sites, the most widely used technologies of those investigated were mine management software, mine communication systems and predictive maintenance.
- Typically these three were also those technologies in which mines were most likely to invest, either for the first time or in addition to existing investment, over the next two years. In addition, a significant share of mines also planned to invest in remote control vehicles and collision avoidance.
- Majors were much more likely to have invested in these technologies compared to smaller miners, and also more likely to be planning to invest in the next two years. However, mid-sized producers are catching up with high shares planning to invest in mine management software and predictive maintenance.
- On average, mine sites in Australia were most likely to have invested across all technologies, with Australian mines typically ahead of others across the rest of the world in terms of investment in cloud computing, drones, remote control vehicles and autonomous vehicles. A high share also intend to invest in autonomous or remote control machines.
- Asian mines were the least likely to have invested in these technologies, but a sizeable share (70%) are planning to invest in mine management software over the coming two years. In the Americas, priorities are for investment in mine management software, predictive maintenance and collision avoidance.
- Typically underground mines had invested to a greater extent than surface mines, especially with regards to remote control vehicles, and there is a greater share of underground mines intending to invest in most technologies, relative to surface mines.
Reasons to buy
- Assess the current adoption rates for each of 13 key technologies
- Compare adoption by mine type, region and company type
- Assess the potential for future investment by technology, both new investment and future investment.
- Analyse potential investment rates by region, mine type and company type.
Scope of Research & Methodology
Mine type comparisons
Company type comparisons
Analysis by Region
Analysis by Mine Type
List Of Figures
Figure 1. Relative penetration of technologies by region and mine type
Figure 2. Expectation for investment in the next two years, by region and mine type
Figure 3. Global investment and adoption by technology
Figure 4. Global investment intentions by technology
Figure 5. Current investment vs. intentions, global
Figure 6. Regional comparison of technology adoption
Figure 7. Change in penetration of selected technologies over time, 2016-2018
Figure 8. Regional comparison of investment intentions
Figure 9. Comparison of technology investment by mine type
Figure 10. Comparison of investment intentions by mine type
Figure 11. Comparison of technology investment by company type
Figure 12. Comparison of investment intentions by company type
Figure 13. Technology adoption in Africa
Figure 14. Investment intentions in Africa
Figure 15. Technology adoption in Asia
Figure 16. Investment intentions in Asia
Figure 17. Technology adoption in Australasia
Figure 18. Investment intentions in Australasia
Figure 19. Technology adoption in the Americas
Figure 20. Investment intentions in the Americas
Figure 21. Technology adoption by mine type - Surface vs. Underground
Figure 22. Investment intentions by mine type - Surface vs. Underground
Global Platinum Mining to 2022The Global Platinum Mining to 2022 provides a comprehensive coverage on global platinum industry. It provides historical and forecast data on platinum production by country, platinumView Report
Your are not allow to send sample request
Fill The Form For Sample Request