Urinary Catheters Pipeline Insight and Competitive Landscape 2020
“Urinary Catheters–Pipeline Insight and Competitive Landscape 2020,” report provides comprehensive insights about 20+ companies and 20+ pipeline devices in Urinary Catheters pipeline landscape. Urinary Catheters are used in disorder like Urinary retention, Urinary incontinence, Dementia & Surgeries on prostate or genitals. These mainly include indwelling (Foley) catheter, intermittent (short term) catheter, and external (condom) catheter. Advancements in equipment were made from the original latex rubber to silicone, and a variety of coatings are being used such as Teflon and hydrogel. Drainage eyes have been modified in size and shape to enhance urine flow and decrease clogging. Antiseptic and antibiotic coatings also are applied on catheters to combat the bacteria that the catheter had introduced into the bladder. Companies of devices are already trying to have many alterations to reduce the risk of trauma and infection associated with those catheters. Growing interest in advanced urinary catheters and favorable Regulatory policies are key factors that contribute to greater demand for urinary catheters which will eventually led to market boost.
• Global coverage
Urinary Catheters Overview
Urinary Catheters: Understanding
A urinary catheter is a flexible tube used to empty the bladder and collect urine in a drainage bag. They can either be inserted through the tube that carries urine out of the bladder (urethral catheter) or through a small opening made in your lower tummy (suprapubic catheter). The catheter usually remains in the bladder, allowing urine to flow through it and into a drainage bag.
Specific reasons a urinary catheter may be used include:
• To allow urine to drain if there is an obstruction in the tube that carries urine out of bladder (urethra). For example, because of scarring or prostate enlargement
• To allow to urinate in case of bladder weakness or nerve damage that affects ability to pee
• To drain bladder during childbirth if there is an epidural anaesthetic
• To drain bladder before, during or after some types of surgery
• To deliver medicine directly into the bladder, such as during chemotherapy for bladder cancer
• As a last resort treatment for urinary incontinence when other types of treatment have been unsuccessful
Urinary Catheters Devices Competitive Assessment
This segment of the Urinary Catheters report encloses its detailed analysis of various pipeline devices which include product description, licensing and collaboration details and other developmental activities including pipeline territories, regulatory paths and estimated approval dates and the latest news and press releases. The report also provides list of major players involved in the pipeline product development.
• Product Type
There are 2 main types of urinary catheter:
• Intermittent catheters – these are temporarily inserted into the bladder and removed once the bladder is empty
• Indwelling catheters – these remain in place for many days or weeks, and are held in position by an inflated balloon in the bladder
• Product Application
Urinary Catheters can have an application in various medical conditions and diseases – Benign prostate hyperplasia, Urinary incontinence, Spinal cord injury and others, which are covered in the report.
• Major Players in Urinary Catheters
There are approx. 20+ key companies which are developing the products for Urinary Catheters.
• Foley-type urinary catheter: Tractivus
Tractivus has developed bacteriaphobic urinary catheter with PHOBOSTech which shows the same mechanical properties as standard devices, but it avoids bacteria colonization and biofilm formation during the urine drainage. The product increases the lifetime of the device (>30 days) without colonisation problems reducing the infection rate. Tractivus has completed an in vivo study of its PHOBOSTech technology applied to a urinary catheter where it was compared with other commercial devices:
• ResQ Catheter: Control Flo Medical
The ResQ Catheter is an innovative urinary blockage and drainage device that allows voluntary urination for retention sufferers and prevents unwanted leakage of urine. It is worn internally. Patients operate a simple valve to void their bladder whenever and wherever it is convenient. The ResQ Catheter device uses unique technology to help urinary incontinent and intermittent catheter patients. This product is not marketed in the USA nor internationally. It has not been approved by FDA or any other regulatory agency.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Urinary Catheters Devices Competitive Benchmarking
This segment of the reports provides analysis of the pipeline report to give a clear understanding of the comparative analysis.
The analysis is based on
• Brand Positioning of Leading companies
• Industry Collaborations
Urinary Catheters Devices: Commercialization Activity
This segment of the report provides a detailed list of any commercial activity in the field of urinary catheters devices ranging from collaboration, mergers and acquisition, recent breakthrough among others.
• In Oct 2019, the most notable development in catheter-related products so far is the hydrophilic coating. Fortunately, in Korea, the national insurance has recently covered the cost for CIC catheters in SCI patients with NB. In several small-scale studies, hydrophilic coating catheter is thought to reduce the discomfort and urethral mucosa damage to some extent. Therefore, such hydrophilic coating catheter may be useful if at least existing catheter is difficult to insert into the urethra, if the patient experienced urethral damage, or frequent recurrence of UTI.
• In July 2019, a new type of female indwelling catheter technology reduced inpatient catheter-associated UTIs, or CAUTIs, by 51.7%, according to data presented at the annual conference of the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology. These data mirror findings of a second study presented at APIC that similarly showed a decrease in indwelling urinary catheter use in female patients — but not a reduction of CAUTIs — after external catheters were used.
Further commercial activities are provided in the report……..
Urinary Catheters Devices: Regulatory
For urine collector and accessories intended to be connected to an indwelling catheter. The device is exempt from the premarket notification procedures in subpart E of part 807 of this chapter subject to 876.9. under CFR - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21.
Further information is provided in the report……..
• Extensive coverage of the Urinary Catheters under development
• The report reviews details of major pipeline products which includes, product description, licensing and collaboration details and other developmental activities
• The report reviews the major players involved in the development of Urinary Catheters and list all their pipeline projects
• The coverage of pipeline products based on various stages of development ranging from Early Development to Approved / Issued stage
• The report provides key clinical trial data of ongoing trials specific to pipeline products
• Recent developments in the segment / industry
• The report consists of in depth analysis of pipeline products based on various parameters
Urinary Catheters Report Insights
• Urinary Catheters - Pipeline Analysis
• Urinary Catheters - Unmet Need
• Urinary Catheters - Market Dynamics
• Urinary Catheters - Future Perspectives and Conclusion
• Urinary Catheters - Analyst Views
• What are significant companies in this segment, their information, analysis, and insights to improve R&D strategies?
• How to identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage?
• What are important and diverse types of Urinary Catheters under development?
• What are market-entry and market expansion strategies in Urinary Catheters?
• What are some of the mergers and acquisitions and to identify major players with the most promising pipeline?
• What is in-depth analysis of the product’s current stage of development, territory and estimated launch date?
• Bactiguard Holding AB
• Biocrede Inc
• BioModics ApS
• Brighton Development LLC
• Control Flo Medical LLC
• Flat Medical Inc
• FocusStart LLC
• InterVaal Pte Ltd
• Leading Age Supplies LLC
• N8 Medical Inc
• Olympus Medical Systems Corp
• Pyriscence LLC
• Riocath Global AS
• Sharklet Technologies Inc
• Tractivus SL
List Of Tables
Table 1 Total Pipeline Products
Table 4 Pipeline Products by Technology
Table 8 Pipeline Products by Type
Table 12 List of Companies
Table 14 Tractivus Pipeline Products & Ongoing Clinical Trials Overview
Table18 Foley-type urinary catheter – Product Status
Table 21 Foley-type urinary catheter – Product Description
Table 23 Control Flo Medical Pipeline Products & Ongoing Clinical Trials Overview
Table 25 ResQ Catheter – Product Status
Table 28 ResQ Catheter – Product Description
List Of Figures
Figure 1 List of Pipeline Products
Figure 2 Ongoing Clinical Trial
Figure 3 Ongoing Clinical Trial Pipeline Products by Technology
Figure 4 Ongoing Clinical Trial Pipeline Products by Type
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Urinary Incontinence Devices Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
Urinary incontinence devices help to collect and maintain urine; these devices help to effectively control urinary incontinence. The patient suffered an uncontrolled urine leak. If the condition is severe, theView Report
Global Neurostimulation Devices Market By Product Type (SCS, DBS, SNS, VNS, and GES), By Applications Type (Pain Management, Urinary & Fecal Incontinence, and Epilepsy), By End-users (Hospitals and Trauma Centers), and By Regions (North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW) – Forecast up to 2025
Global Neurostimulation Devices Market By Product Type (SCS, DBS, SNS, VNS,and GES), By Applications Type (Pain Management, Urinary & Fecal Incontinence,and Epilepsy), By End-users (Hospitals and Trauma Centers), and ByView Report
Urinary Catheters - Medical Devices Pipeline Assessment, 2020Medical Devices sector report, Urinary Catheters - Medical Devices Pipeline Assessment, 2020 provides comprehensive information about the Urinary Catheters pipeline products with comparativeView Report
Hemodialysis Catheters Pipeline Insight and Competitive Landscape, 2020View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request