Global Software Industry Profile & Value Chain Analysis
Global software industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative Summary information including: market size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
The value/supply chain analysis reveals the business activities which comprise the global software market value/supply chain. All key stages are highlighted, along with examples of companies active, and assessments of the burning issues for every stage of the value/supply chain. Key value/supply chain stages analyzed include software, publishing, distribution, and end-user.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global software market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The software market consists of five segments - enterprise applications, enterprise mobility management, information management, security software and software infrastructure. Market value figures are assessed at manufacturer selling price (MSP), based on revenues from software sales and licenses. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2016 annual average exchange rates.
- The global software market had total revenues of $347.8bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- Software infrastructure was the markets most lucrative segment in 2017, with total revenues of $161.1bn, equivalent to 46.3% of the markets overall value
- The majority of markets in this region, including the US, are being affected by difficulties in the enterprise applications segment. This segment of the market is feeling the impact of shifting business models in favour of cloud delivery.
- Software coding is dominated by large internationally recognized companies, but that leaves valuable niche areas not covered by the leading players.
- Many large companies have the capacity to self-publish due to the scale of their reach, but they still may wish to use other publishers for niche customers.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the software market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global software market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key software market players global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global software market with five year forecasts
- Quickly and easily identify the key stages and sub-stages of the global software market value/supply chain
- See examples of companies active at each stage of the global software market value/supply chain
- Examine trends and burning issues impacting the global software market value/supply chain
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the global software market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global software market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global software market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global software market?
- Who are the top competitors in the global software market?
- What are the key stages of the global software market value/supply chain?
Executive Summary 2
Value chain analysis 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Value Chain Analysis 7
Software Market complete value chain overview 7
Market Overview 17
Market definition 17
Market analysis 17
Market Data 19
Market value 19
Market Segmentation 20
Category segmentation 20
Geography segmentation 21
Market Outlook 22
Market value forecast 22
Five Forces Analysis 23
Buyer power 24
Supplier power 26
New entrants 27
Threat of substitutes 29
Degree of rivalry 31
Leading Companies 33
International Business Machines Corporation 33
Microsoft Corporation 37
Oracle Corporation 40
SAP SE 43
Industry associations 48
Related MarketLine research 48
About MarketLine 49
List Of TablesList of Tables
Table 1: Global software market value: $ billion, 2013-17 19
Table 2: Global software market category segmentation: $ billion, 2017 20
Table 3: Global software market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2017 21
Table 4: Global software market value forecast: $ billion, 2017-22 22
Table 5: International Business Machines Corporation: key facts 33
Table 6: International Business Machines Corporation: key financials ($) 35
Table 7: International Business Machines Corporation: key financial ratios 35
Table 8: Microsoft Corporation: key facts 37
Table 9: Microsoft Corporation: key financials ($) 38
Table 10: Microsoft Corporation: key financial ratios 38
Table 11: Oracle Corporation: key facts 40
Table 12: Oracle Corporation: key financials ($) 41
Table 13: Oracle Corporation: key financial ratios 41
Table 14: SAP SE: key facts 43
Table 15: SAP SE: key financials ($) 44
Table 16: SAP SE: key financials () 45
Table 17: SAP SE: key financial ratios 45
List Of FiguresList of Figures
Figure 1: Software Market complete value chain overview 7
Figure 2: Software Market complete value chain with active companies 8
Figure 3: Software - Overview 9
Figure 4: Publishers - Overview 11
Figure 5: Distribution - Overview 13
Figure 6: End-User - Overview 15
Figure 7: Global software market value: $ billion, 2013-17 19
Figure 8: Global software market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017 20
Figure 9: Global software market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017 21
Figure 10: Global software market value forecast: $ billion, 2017-22 22
Figure 11: Forces driving competition in the global software market, 2017 23
Figure 12: Drivers of buyer power in the global software market, 2017 24
Figure 13: Drivers of supplier power in the global software market, 2017 26
Figure 14: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global software market, 2017 27
Figure 15: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global software market, 2017 29
Figure 16: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global software market, 2017 31
Figure 17: International Business Machines Corporation: revenues & profitability 36
Figure 18: International Business Machines Corporation: assets & liabilities 36
Figure 19: Microsoft Corporation: revenues & profitability 38
Figure 20: Microsoft Corporation: assets & liabilities 39
Figure 21: Oracle Corporation: revenues & profitability 42
Figure 22: Oracle Corporation: assets & liabilities 42
Figure 23: SAP SE: revenues & profitability 45
Figure 24: SAP SE: assets & liabilities 46
Report Scope:The report provides an overview of the global market for deep learning and analyzes market trends. Using 2019 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data forView Report
2021 Wolseley PLC: Performance, Capabilities, Goals and Strategies in the Global Industrial Supplies Market
This report is part of theCompetitive Analysis Series, which includes assessments of more than 1,000 companies worldwide.The report provides significant competitor information, analysis and insight critical to the development andView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Software Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Software market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2019, and will reach xx.xx Million USD in 2025, with a CAGR of x.x% during 2020-2025.Under COVID-19View Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Document Imaging Software Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
Document imaging is an information technology solution which uses advanced and modern equipment such as scanners, software, and camera. Document imaging also helps to control large volumes of documents. TheView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request