Global PCs Industry Profile & Value Chain Analysis
Global PCs industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative Summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
The value/supply chain analysis reveals the business activities which comprise the global PCs markets value/supply chain. All key stages are highlighted, along with examples of companies active, and assessments of the burning issues for every stage of the value/supply chain. Key value/supply chain stages analyzed include raw materials, component production, device assembly, distribution/wholesaling, and retail.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global PCs market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The personal computers (PCs) market consists of the sale of both desktop and portable PCs.
- The global PCs market had total revenues of $140,285.6m in 2017, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -3.2% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volumes declined with a CARC of -1% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 267.9 million units in 2017.
- Globally, the PC market is also disadvantaged by the decision of Microsoft (the worlds largest software licenser) to offer free upgrades to its latest operating system, largely suppressing any incentives to purchase new hardware to access it.
- Much of the global production of rare earth elements comes out of China - this is a problem for non-Chinese manufacturers.
- Asia remains the home of assembly thanks to low-wage environment, but working practices are being called into question
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the PCs market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global PCs market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key PCs market players global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global PCs market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- Quickly and easily identify the key stages and sub-stages of the global PCs market value/supply chain
- See examples of companies active at each stage of the global PCs market value/supply chain
- Examine trends and burning issues impacting the global PCs market value/supply chain
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the global PCs market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global PCs market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global PCs market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global PCs market?
- Who are the top competitors in the global PCs market?
- What are the key stages of the global PCs market value/supply chain?
Executive Summary 2
Value chain analysis 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Value Chain Analysis 7
PCs Market complete value chain overview 7
Raw Materials 9
Component Production 11
Market Overview 19
Market definition 19
Market analysis 19
Market Data 21
Market value 21
Market volume 22
Market Segmentation 23
Category segmentation 23
Geography segmentation 24
Market Outlook 25
Market value forecast 25
Market volume forecast 26
Five Forces Analysis 27
Buyer power 29
Supplier power 30
New entrants 32
Threat of substitutes 34
Degree of rivalry 35
Leading Companies 37
Apple Inc 37
Dell Inc. 42
Lenovo Group Limited 44
HP Inc. 47
Industry associations 51
Related MarketLine research 51
About MarketLine 52
List Of TablesList of Tables
Table 1: Global PCs market value: $ billion, 2013-17 21
Table 2: Global PCs market volume: million units, 2013-17 22
Table 3: Global PCs market category segmentation: $ billion, 2017 23
Table 4: Global PCs market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2017 24
Table 5: Global PCs market value forecast: $ billion, 2017-22 25
Table 6: Global PCs market volume forecast: million units, 2017-22 26
Table 7: Apple Inc: key facts 37
Table 8: Apple Inc: key financials ($) 39
Table 9: Apple Inc: key financial ratios 40
Table 10: Dell Inc.: key facts 42
Table 11: Lenovo Group Limited: key facts 44
Table 12: Lenovo Group Limited: key financials ($) 45
Table 13: Lenovo Group Limited: key financial ratios 45
Table 14: HP Inc.: key facts 47
Table 15: HP Inc.: key financials ($) 48
Table 16: HP Inc.: key financial ratios 48
List Of FiguresList fo Figures
Figure 1: PCs Market complete value chain overview 7
Figure 2: PCs Market complete value chain with active companies 8
Figure 3: Raw Materials - Overview 9
Figure 4: Production - Overview 11
Figure 5: Device Assembly - Overview 13
Figure 6: Distribution - Overview 15
Figure 7: End-Users - Overview 17
Figure 8: Global PCs market value: $ billion, 2013-17 21
Figure 9: Global PCs market volume: million units, 2013-17 22
Figure 10: Global PCs market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2017 23
Figure 11: Global PCs market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017 24
Figure 12: Global PCs market value forecast: $ billion, 2017-22 25
Figure 13: Global PCs market volume forecast: million units, 2017-22 26
Figure 14: Forces driving competition in the global PCs market, 2017 27
Figure 15: Drivers of buyer power in the global PCs market, 2017 29
Figure 16: Drivers of supplier power in the global PCs market, 2017 30
Figure 17: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global PCs market, 2017 32
Figure 18: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global PCs market, 2017 34
Figure 19: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global PCs market, 2017 35
Figure 20: Apple Inc: revenues & profitability 40
Figure 21: Apple Inc: assets & liabilities 41
Figure 22: Lenovo Group Limited: revenues & profitability 45
Figure 23: Lenovo Group Limited: assets & liabilities 46
Figure 24: HP Inc.: revenues & profitability 49
Figure 25: HP Inc.: assets & liabilities 49
Global Industrial Sensor Market – Analysis By Sensor Type (Level, Image, Gas, Pressure, Position, Force, Flow, Temperature, Humidity), By Positional Type (Contact, Non-Contact), By End User, By Region, By Country (2019 Edition): Opportunities and Forecast (2013-2023)
Executive A comprehensive research report created through extensive primary research (inputs from industry experts, companies, stakeholders) and secondary research, the report aims to present the analysis of Global Industrial SensorsView Report
Global Manned Security Services Market Information: by Type (Equipment, Service), End-user (Industrial Buildings, Commercial Buildings, Residential Buildings), and Region – Global Forecast Till 2025
Manned security services market refers to the market size of the services offered by trained security personnel to ensure safety. It also includes the market for equipment that aids inView Report
The Global and Southeast Asia Tablet PCs Industry, 2013-2023 Market Research Report is a professional and in-depth study on the current state of the global Tablet PCs industry with aView Report
The Global and Southeast Asia Rugged Tablet PCs Industry, 2013-2023 Market Research Report is a professional and in-depth study on the current state of the global Rugged Tablet PCs industryView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request