Retail Banking Market Dynamics: India 2018
Margins among Indian banks remained high at 6.3% in 2017 in comparison to its peers China (2.8%) and Malaysia (2.6%). The average cost-to-income ratio remained at around 53% during 2013-17, marginally higher than China (50%) and Malaysia (51%). However, there remain large disparities in operating efficiencies within the market. The same is also true for profitability, with large disparities in return on assets figures. This is due to rising compliance, regulatory, and other costs depressing net income, as well as falling net interest margins. Growth in balances across retail deposits, personal loans and mortgages is expected continue at approximately the same rate over 2018-2022, while credit cards balances are expected to grow at a faster pace.
This report identifies macroeconomic and competitive dynamics that impact upon the Indian retail banking market. It provides insight into -
- The outlook for deposits, credit cards, personal loans, and mortgages.
- Net changes in market share across all four product areas.
- verall financial performance including profitability, efficiency, and income sources.
- Retail deposits recorded a compound annual growth rate of 11.1% during 2013-17 - a trend that is expected to continue over the forecast period.
- The Indian personal loan market is highly concentrated, with the three leading banks accounting for almost two thirds of the market in 2017. Rising average impairments among Indian banks demonstrate massive growth but also potentially risky lending practices from providers.
- State Bank of India is the single biggest mortgage provider in terms of balances outstanding, accounting for almost a third of the market in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Identify factors affecting growth prospects across the deposit, credit card, personal loan, and mortgage markets.
- Track competitor gains and losses in market share.
- Assess the financial performance of competitors.
Financial Ratios Market Average
Competitor Financial Performance
Retail Banking Market Dynamics: India 2018Margins among Indian banks remained high at 6.3% in 2017 in comparison to its peers China (2.8%) and Malaysia (2.6%). The average cost-to-income ratio remainedView Report
Retail Banking Market Dynamics: New Zealand 2018Margins among New Zealand banks have remained relatively stable due to benign macroeconomic conditions. The average cost-to-income ratio has changed little year on year,View Report
2018 Blood Banking Market: US, Europe, Japan--Supplier Country Shares, Segment Volume and Sales Forecasts for Typing, Grouping and Infectious Disease Screening Tests, Laboratory Universe
This report provides a worldwide overview of the blood banking market, including estimates of facilities performing blood banking tests, as well as test volume, reagent and instrument sales forecasts forView Report
Your are not allow to send sample request
Fill The Form For Sample Request