Payments Landscape in Italy: Opportunities and Risks to 2022
Its "Payments Landscape in Italy: Opportunities and Risks to 2022", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Italian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques during the review-period (2014-18e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2018e-22f). It also offers information on the countrys competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together Its research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies and recent changes in regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Italian cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Italian cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques. It also, includes an overview of the countrys key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Italian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- To capitalize on the rising preference for alternative payments, international payment service providers are entering the Italian market. Amazon Pay and Apple Pay launched in Italy in April and May 2017 respectively, followed by Samsung Pay in March 2018. Googles mobile payment solution Google Pay is the latest entrant as of September 2018. Currently, 20 banks and financial institutions in Italy support Apple Pay. Some of the leading retailers accepting Apple Pay include Auchan, Autogrill, COOP, Eataly, H&M, and SiMPLY Market.
- The number of contactless payment cards in Italy increased from 14.0 million in 2014 to 58.7 million in 2018, at a significant review-period CAGR of 43.1%. Contactless payments are now being extended to public transport networks. In June 2018 payment processing company SIA launched a new digital payment platform in Milan to allow customers to buy subway tickets at any contactless-enabled turnstile using Mastercard or Visa contactless cards.
- As part of its financial inclusion program, the Italian government has simplified the process of opening a bank account to encourage the use of formal banking products. In May 2018 the Ministry of Economy and Finance issued a legislative decree mandating banks, electronic money institutions, payment institutions, and Poste Italiane to offer basic bank accounts for low-income customers with an Equivalent Economic Situation Indicator (ISEE) of less than 11,600 ($13,918.39). The ISEE estimates the economic situation of families resident in Italy by taking into account their income and assets. Examples of basic bank accounts offered by financial institutions include the UniCredit Base Account by UniCredit Bank and Basic BancoPosta by Poste Italiane.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Italian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Italian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Italian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Italy.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Italian cards and payments industry.
Mobile Proximity Payments
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Thailand Cards and Payments - Opportunities and Risks to 2024Its Thailand Cards and Payments - Opportunities and Risks to 2024 report provides detailed analysis of market trends in Thailands cardsView Report
Payments Snapshot in Taiwan - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Sector ImpactThe Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) outbreak, dubbed COVID-19, is first and foremost a human tragedy, affecting millions of people globally. The contagious Coronavirus, whichView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Tower Internals Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The Tower Internals market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2019, and will reach xx.xx Million USD in 2025, with a CAGR of x.x% during 2020-2025.Under COVID-19 outbreak globally, thisView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Body Lotion Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The Body Lotion market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2019, and will reach xx.xx Million USD in 2025, with a CAGR of x.x% during 2020-2025.Under COVID-19 outbreak globally, thisView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request