Payments Landscape in Israel: Opportunities and Risks to 2021
GlobalDatas "Payments Landscape in Israel: Opportunities and Risks to 2021", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Israeli cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including payment cards, credit transfers, direct debit, and cheques during the review-period (2013-17e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017e-21f). It also offers information on the countrys competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies and recent changes in regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Israeli cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Israeli cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debit, payment cards, and cheques. It also, includes an overview of the countrys key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Israeli cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- To encourage card acceptance among merchants, the Bank of Israel has been cutting interchange fee rates. It reduced the cap on debit card interchange fees from 0.7% to 0.3% effective from April 2016. In January 2018 it confirmed future rate reductions. The debit card interchange fee will be reduced in a phased manner to reach 0.25% by 2023, while charge card interchange fees will be reduced from 0.7% to 0.5% by 2023.
- To promote credit cards and bring more competition and investment into the market, Strum Law was passed in January 2017. The law obligates the countrys two largest banks, Bank Leumi and Bank Hapoalim, to divest their credit card businesses, Leumi Card and Isracard respectively, by the end of January 2020. The law also prohibits domestic banks and non-bank companies from purchasing the divested card businesses, thus paving the way for foreign companies to enter the Israeli pay-later market.
- In order to reduce cash dependency in the country, the Israeli government is imposing restrictions on cash transactions between both individuals and businesses. Effective from January 2019, cash transactions will be restricted to ILS11,000 ($3,159.10) for business deals and ILS50,000 ($14,359.57) between individuals. The government plans to reduce the limit to ILS6,000 ($1,723.15) for businesses and ILS15,000 ($4,307.87) for individuals by 2020. The Bank of Israel will also impose restrictions on cheques to ILS10,000 ($2,871.91) effective from July 2019.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Israeli cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Israeli cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Israeli cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Israel.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Israeli cards and payments industry.
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Thailand Cards and Payments - Opportunities and Risks to 2024Its Thailand Cards and Payments - Opportunities and Risks to 2024 report provides detailed analysis of market trends in Thailands cardsView Report
Payments Snapshot in Taiwan - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Sector ImpactThe Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) outbreak, dubbed COVID-19, is first and foremost a human tragedy, affecting millions of people globally. The contagious Coronavirus, whichView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Tower Internals Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The Tower Internals market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2019, and will reach xx.xx Million USD in 2025, with a CAGR of x.x% during 2020-2025.Under COVID-19 outbreak globally, thisView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Body Lotion Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The Body Lotion market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2019, and will reach xx.xx Million USD in 2025, with a CAGR of x.x% during 2020-2025.Under COVID-19 outbreak globally, thisView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request