PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Hong Kong
The major regions of Hong Kong are Hong Kong Island and Kowloon, where most of the economic activity and population is concentrated. The largest share of foreign investment inflows were from China and the British Virgin Islands in 2017.
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 28.2% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (26.4%) and transport, storage and communication (10%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 5.5%, 5.2% and 5.0%, respectively, in 2019. The overall Hang Seng index exhibited a downward trend over the last year. As of April 30, 2019, the Hang Seng index stood at 29,699.1 compared to 30,808.5 on April 30, 2018.
- As per the World Banks Logistics Performance Index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Hong Kong has declined over the last two years, with a fall in rank from ninth in 2016 to 12th out of 160 countries in 2018.
- Hong Kongs government is expected to invest HK$1tn (US$127.6bn) over 2019-2028 to boost the citys competitiveness.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the countrys snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
List Of Figures
Exhibit 1: Hong Kongs Performance in terms of its Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia-Pacific and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Hang Seng Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 6: Total FDI Stock (Q1 2015-Q4 2018) and FDI Stock by Sector (2015-2017)
Exhibit 7: FDI by Country (2015-2017) and Share of FDI Stock by Country (2017)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports (2015-2018)
Exhibit 14: Electrical Machinery and Equipment, % of World Total (2018)
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (January 2012 - April 2019)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate (2014-2021f) 28
Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014-2021f) 29
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014-2021f) 29
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f) 31
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2014-2021f) 31
Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index (2014-2021f) 31
Exhibit 22: Age Dependency Ratio (2012-2017) 32
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (2000, 2010, 2020) 32
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020) 32
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate (2017) 34
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population (2018) 35
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports) (2017) 35
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Hong Kong 2019 36
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) (2018) 36
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017) 37
Poland PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook ReportMining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 25.09% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (18.95%) and financialView Report
Israel PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook ReportFinancial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 32.5% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilitiesView Report
Sweden PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook ReportServices sector contributed 73.3% to gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by industry (25.5%) and agriculture (1.2%) sectors. These sectors are forecasted to sufferView Report
Malaysia PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook ReportAccording It, mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 35.0% to the countrys gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (18.5%) andView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request