Payments Landscape in Luxembourg: Opportunities and Risks to 2021
GlobalDatas "Payments Landscape in Luxembourg: Opportunities and Risks to 2021", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in Luxembourgs cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, payment cards, credit transfers, direct debit, and cheques during the review-period (2013-17e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017-21f). It also offers information on the countrys competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into Luxembourgs cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in Luxembourgs cards and payments industry, including debit and credit cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, payment cards, credit transfers, cheques, and direct debit. It also, includes an overview of the countrys key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing Luxembourgs cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, and credit cards.
- The advent of mobile-only banks is likely to further accelerate the shift towards electronic payments in Luxembourg. Germany-based mobile-only bank N26 launched operations in the country in November 2017. Account holders are offered a Mastercard-branded debit card that can be used to make payments in stores and online. Similarly, Finland-based mobile-only bank FerratumBank offers banking services in several European countries including Luxembourg. The bank offers a current account, an overdraft facility, and a Mastercard-branded contactless debit card.
- Payment service providers are launching innovative solutions to offer convenient payments. In August 2017 PayPal partnered with Skype to allow users to send and receive money via the Skype app. The service was launched in over 20 countries, including Luxembourg. In July 2016, Swedish company Seamless launched its mobile payment solution Seqr. The app allows users to transfer money among friends and family members just by using the recipients mobile number, and also supports NFC-based payments at merchant stores.
- To accelerate the acceptance of payment cards, payment solution providers are increasingly focusing on improving payment infrastructure. For instance, in 2017 SumUp, a Germany-based POS provider, launched its mPOS solution in Luxembourg, allowing merchants to accept payments using their mobile phones. Merchants are increasingly installing POS terminals with contactless functionality at their outlets. According to Visa Europe, there were 7,000 POS terminals with contactless functionality accepting Visa cards in Luxembourg as of February 2018.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to Luxembourgs cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in Luxembourgs cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in Luxembourgs cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Luxembourg.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing Luxembourgs cards and payments industry.
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Financial Cards and Payments Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
Payment cards are part of a payment system issued by financial institutions, such as a bank, to a customer that enables its owner (the cardholder) to access the funds inView Report
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Sector Impact: Payments Snapshot - FranceThe coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) outbreak, dubbed COVID-19, is first and foremost a human tragedy, affecting millions of people globally. The contagious coronavirus, which brokeView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Multi-Course Harps Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The Multi-Course Harps market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2019, and will reach xx.xx Million USD in 2025, with a CAGR of x.x% during 2020-2025.Under COVID-19 outbreak globally, thisView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Industrial IoT Platform Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The IoT refers to the network or networks encompassing the use of standard Internet Protocol (IP) technologies to connect people, processes, and things to enable new cyber-physical systems. The IndustrialView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request