The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (GS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (GS) is a bank and financial holding company that provides a range of investment banking, and securities and investment management services. Investment banking includes financial advisory, and equity and debt underwriting. The group makes markets in fixed income, equity, currency and commodity products. It also makes markets in and clears transactions on stocks, options and futures exchanges. GS invests in equity and debt securities, and provides loans and mortgages to corporate and individuals. The group also provides investment management services and products across all major asset classes; and offers wealth advisory to HNWIs and families. It operates across the Americas, EMEA, and Asia. GS is headquartered in New York, the US.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Mar 15,2018: Goldman Sachs names new president and COO
Mar 13,2018: Goldman Sachs names David Solomon as CEO Lloyd Blankfeins replacement
Feb 08,2018: Goldman Sachs names new CEO for Brazil business
Jan 31,2018: Goldman Sachs managing director resigns
Jan 18,2018: Goldman Sachs reports net loss of $1.93bn in Q4 on US tax reform
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Section 1 - About the Company 6
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. - Key Facts 6
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. - Key Employees 7
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. - Major Products and Services 9
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. - History 10
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. - Company Statement 15
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2 Company Analysis 19
Company Overview 19
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. - Business Description 19
Business Segment: I&L 19
Business Segment: IB 19
Key Stats 19
Business Segment: ICS 20
Key Stats 20
Business Segment: IM 20
Key Stats 20
Geographical Segment: Americas 20
Target Markets 20
Geographical Segment: Asia 21
Target Markets 21
Geographical Segment: EMEA 21
Target Markets 21
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis - Overview 22
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. - Strengths 22
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. - Weaknesses 23
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. - Opportunities 24
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. - Threats 25
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. - Key Competitors 26
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 32
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 33
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 34
Mar 15, 2018: Goldman Sachs names new president and COO 34
Mar 15, 2018: Goldman Sachs names new president and COO 35
Feb 08, 2018: Goldman Sachs names new CEO for Brazil business 36
Feb 08, 2018: Goldman Sachs names new CEO for Brazil business 37
Jan 18, 2018: Goldman Sachs reports net loss of $1.93bn in Q4 on US tax reform 38
Jan 18, 2018: Goldman Sachs reports net loss of $1.93bn in Q4 on US tax reform 39
Nov 08, 2017: Goldman Sachs announces senior management changes 40
Oct 17, 2017: Goldman Sachs net revenues rise 2% in Q3 2017 41
Sep 19, 2017: Goldman Sachs names chairman and CEO for Asia ex-Japan 42
Jul 19, 2017: Goldman Sachs net profit flat at $1.63bn in Q2 43
Section 5 Appendix 44
Ratio Definitions 44
About GlobalData 48
Contact Us 48
List Of TablesList of Tables
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., Key Facts 6
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., Key Employees 7
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., Major Products and Services 9
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., History 10
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., Subsidiaries 17
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., Key Competitors 26
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 27
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., Annual Ratios 28
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 29
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., Interim Ratios 31
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 33
Currency Codes 44
Capital Market Ratios 44
Equity Ratios 45
Profitability Ratios 45
Cost Ratios 46
Liquidity Ratios 46
Leverage Ratios 47
Efficiency Ratios 47
List Of FiguresList of Figures
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., Performance Chart (2013 - 2017) 30
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., Ratio Charts 32
Employee Benefits in the United Arab Emirates 2020The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has undergone a huge transformation following the discovery of oil in the 1950s, going from a poor regionView Report
Sustainability in Insurance - Thematic ResearchSustainability is a key issue in the insurance sector both for its image and its future profitability. Insurance is one of the leading industries inView Report
This report is part of the Competitive Analysis Series, which includes assessments of more than 1,000 companies worldwide.The report provides significant competitor information, analysis and insight critical to the developmentView Report
Investment Banking Global Market Forecast To 2022 Including: Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory, Debt Capital Markets Underwriting, Equity Capital Markets Underwriting, Financial Sponsor/Syndicated Loans Covering: Barclays, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America Meril Lynch, Morgan Stanley
The investment banking market consists of sales (charges on transactions, fees and commission) of investment banking services by entities (organizations, sole traders and partnerships) that undertake capital risk in theView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request