Payments Landscape in China: Opportunities and Risks to 2021
GlobalDatas "Payments Landscape in China: Opportunities and Risks to 2021", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Chinese cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, cash, payment cards, and cheques during the review-period (2013-17e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017-21f). It also offers information on the countrys competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Chinese cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Chinese cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, cheques, cash, and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the countrys key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis and payment methods.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Chinese cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- In August 2017 Chinas central bank the Peoples Bank of China created a nationwide centralized online payment clearing platform, involving both banks and third-party online payment companies. To set up this platform the central bank signed an agreement with 44 companies, including Alibaba Group Holdings affiliate Ant Financial, Tencent Holdings, and China UnionPays affiliate. The central bank has mandated banks and online payment systems such as Alipay and Tenpay to connect to the new platform and route transactions through it as of June 30, 2018. This move will allow the Chinese government to effectively monitor online transactions carried out through both banks and third-party online payment providers, thereby curbing money laundering and other illicit transactions.
- The Chinese credit card market is expected to attract more foreign competitors, as in June 2016 the central bank formally opened its credit card clearing market to foreign companies. The rules issued by the central bank and the China Banking Regulatory Commission require foreign companies to comply with national security and cybersecurity standards, and be locally based. The move, which ends CUPs monopoly, was a result of longstanding demand for international scheme providers - particularly Mastercard and Visa.
- In a bid to boost competition in the credit card market, the central bank relaxed credit card lending rates in April 2016. Effective from January 2017, the new rule allows banks to offer up to a 30% discount on the credit card lending rate. In order to give banks autonomy to set their own terms, the central bank has also decided to eliminate unified rules on banks interest-free periods and minimum monthly repayments. Prior to the regulation, the lending rate was fixed at 0.05% per day; the interest-free period ran up to 60 days, while the minimum monthly payment was at least 10% of monthly bills. The new rule also allows banks to decide whether and how much to charge card holders for delays in payments.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Chinese cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Chinese cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Chinese cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in China.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Chinese cards and payments industry.
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
South Korea Cards and Payments - Opportunities and Risks to 2024 South Korea Cards and Payments - Opportunities and Risks to 2024 report provides detailed analysis of market trends inView Report
Finland Cards and Payments - Opportunities and Risks to 2023 Finland Cards and Payments - Opportunities and Risks to 2023 report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the FinlandsView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Tower Internals Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The Tower Internals market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2019, and will reach xx.xx Million USD in 2025, with a CAGR of x.x% during 2020-2025.Under COVID-19 outbreak globally, thisView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Body Lotion Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The Body Lotion market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2019, and will reach xx.xx Million USD in 2025, with a CAGR of x.x% during 2020-2025.Under COVID-19 outbreak globally, thisView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request