Payments Landscape in Australia: Opportunities and Risks to 2021
GlobalDatas "Payments Landscape in Australia: Opportunities and Risks to 2021", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Australian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, direct debit, cash, payment cards, and cheques during the review-period (2013-17e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017-21f). It also offers information on the countrys competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Australian cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Australian cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debit, cheques, cash, and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the countrys key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis and payment methods.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Australian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- The uptake of alternative payments among Australian consumers is gaining traction due to the availability of a number of options, such as BPAY, POLi, Paymate, and PayPal. Most recently, in July 2016 Google launched its mobile payment solution Android Pay. A month earlier, Samsung Pay had entered the Australian market in collaboration with American Express and Citibank. Similarly, in January 2016 NAB Pay was launched by National Australia Bank (NAB), which was followed by ANZs ANZ Mobile Pay the next month. The entry of new payment solutions is likely to intensify competition in the countrys alternative payments market.
- In March 2017, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) declined approval for a group of local banks to introduce their own payment apps on Apple smartphones. Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA), Westpac, NAB, and Bendigo and Adelaide Bank had been seeking permission from Australian regulators to negotiate with Apple as a cartel, in order to open up iPhones to the installation of bank-branded mobile payment apps.
- To capitalize on the growing popularity of contactless payments, mobile network operator Optus added new contactless bands and stickers to its mobile payments platform Cash by Optus in February 2016. In 2015, CBA launched the Tap & Pay service for Android smartphone users. The service is based on NFC technology and is linked to the users bank account. Australias most widely used electronic payments system - Electronic Fund Transfer Point of Sale (EFTPOS) - joined the contactless payments movement in 2014. Initiatives such as these are anticipated to further drive contactless payments over the forecast period (2017e-21f).
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to Australian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Australian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Australian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Australia.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Australian cards and payments industry.
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Payments Landscape Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The payment landscape is the payment settlement method agreed by both parties in the trade.The Payments Landscape market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2019, and will reach xx.xx MillionView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Online Payments Services Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The Online Payments Services market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2019, and will reach xx.xx Million USD in 2025, with a CAGR of x.x% during 2020-2025.Under COVID-19 outbreak globally,View Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Marine Radar Sensor Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
Marine Radar Sensor is a detection system that uses radio waves to determine the range, angle, or velocity of objects. Marine Radar Sensor uses s on marine vessels.The Marine RadarView Report
COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Engineering Services Industry Market Report-Development Trends, Threats, Opportunities and Competitive Landscape in 2020
The Engineering Services market revenue was xx.xx Million USD in 2019, and will reach xx.xx Million USD in 2025, with a CAGR of x.x% during 2020-2025.Under COVID-19 outbreak globally, thisView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request