PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report - Philippines
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 23.4% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (21.4%) and wholesale, retail and hotels (18.4%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 9.7%, 11.9% and 11.5%, respectively, in 2018.
Four major regions of the Philippines generate around 69% of the countrys GDP and comprise 44% of the countrys population, as per the latest available data.
- As per the Logistics Performance Index 2018, the Philippines ranked 60th out of total 160 nations, improving from 71st rank in 2016.
- The government has implemented the Build Build Build policy under which the infrastructure spending is expected to reach PHP 9 tn (US$0.2 tn) during 2017-2022
- The overall PSEi index exhibits a downward trend over last year. As of August 1st, 2018 PSEi index stood at 7,838.2, compared to 7,906.6 on August 1st, 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the countrys snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies presence in these areas.
List of Exhibits 03
Did you Know? 04
Country Highlights 05
Country Snapshot 07
PESTLE Insights 21
Political Landscape 22
Economic Landscape 23
Social Landscape 30
Technological Landscape 33
Legal Landscape 36
Environmental Landscape 37
List Of Figures
Exhibit 1: The Philippines Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia Pacific and the World Average 11
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100) 11
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index 12
Exhibit 4: The Philippines Stock Market Index 14
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy 15
Exhibit 6: : FDI Inflows and Outflows (2014-17) and Share of FDI Inflow by Industry (2017) and FDI by Industry (2015-2017) 16
Exhibit 7: Foreign Investment by Region during (2016-2017) and Share of Foreign Investment by Investing Countries (2017) 18
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators 20
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate 24
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017) 24
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance 25
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance 25
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2016 26
Exhibit 14: Electrical machinery and equipment, % share in world exports, 2017 26
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates 28
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate 28
Exhibit 17: Public Finance 29
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt 29
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment 31
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages 31
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index 31
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population 32
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population 32
Exhibit 24: Gender Split 32
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016 34
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015 35
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports) 35
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in The Philippines 2018 36
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017 36
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions 37
Poland PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook ReportMining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 25.09% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (18.95%) and financialView Report
Israel PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook ReportFinancial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 32.5% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilitiesView Report
Sweden PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook ReportServices sector contributed 73.3% to gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by industry (25.5%) and agriculture (1.2%) sectors. These sectors are forecasted to sufferView Report
Malaysia PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook ReportAccording It, mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 35.0% to the countrys gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (18.5%) andView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request