California Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance
California Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance
‘California Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk, and Compliance’ report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Guatemala.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The CDI regulates the Californian insurance industry.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in California.
- The Californian insurance industry permits 100% FDI.
- Non-admitted insurance is not permitted with a few exceptions.
- Key classes of compulsory insurance include motor third-party liability insurance and aviation third-party liability insurance.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk, and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in California, including -
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in California.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in California.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in California.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in California.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Californian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Motor third-party liability insurance
2.4.2 Social Insurance System
2.4.3 Aviation third-party liability insurance
2.4.4 Health insurance
2.4.5 Liability insurance for transportation network companies
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors
2.5.2 National Association of Insurance Commissioners
2.5.3 Federal Insurance Office
2.5.4 American Insurance Association
2.5.5 National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
2.5.6 Property Casualty Insurers of America
2.5.7 Reinsurance Association of America
2.5.8 California Department of Insurance
2.5.9 Association of California Life and Health Insurance Companies
2.5.10 Personal Insurance Federation of California
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and Penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution
3.2 Contact GlobalData
3.3 About GlobalData
3.4 GlobalData’s Services
List Of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: The US - California - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: The US - California - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: The US - California - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: The US - California - TRIP Highlights
Table 6: The US - California - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: The US - California - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 8: The US - California Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2020
Table 9: The US - California - Statutory Membership in Insurance Associations
Table 10: The US - California - Minimum Paid-up Share Capital Requirements for Non-life Insurers
Table 11: The US - California - Minimum Paid-up Share Capital Requirements for Life Insurers
Table 12: The US - California - Authorization Fee for Insurers-2020
Table 13: The US - California - License Fee for insurance intermediaries-2020
Table 14: The US - California - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2020
List Of Figures
Figure 1: The US - California - Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 2: The US - California - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
California Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance California Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk, and Compliance report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Guatemala.ItView Report
Tunisia Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024GlobalDatas Tunisia Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024 report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into theView Report
Cayman Islands Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024GlobalDatas Cayman Islands Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024 report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insightsView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request