Myanmar Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance
Myanmar Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance
Myanmar Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Myanmar.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Insurance Business Regulatory Board supervises and regulates the Myanma insurance industry under the Ministry of Finance and Revenue.
- Composite insurance is permitted in Myanmar.
- The government of Myanmar does not permit foreign direct investment (FDI) in the insurance industry. However, the government is planning to open up the industry for foreign insurers by permitting 100% FDI.
- The placement of non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the Myanma insurance industry.
- Motor third-party liability insurance, accident insurance and professional indemnity for insurance brokers are the key classes of compulsory insurance in Myanmar.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Myanmar including -
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Myanmar.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Myanmar.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Myanmar.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Myanmar.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Myanma insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Accident insurance for travellers
2.4.2 Motor third-party liability insurance
2.4.3 Social security insurance
2.4.4 Liability insurance for ships with respect to oil pollution
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 The Ministry of Planning, Finance and Industry
2.5.2 The Insurance Business Regulatory Board
2.5.3 Financial Regulatory Department
2.5.4 Myanmar Insurance Association
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
3.2 Contact GlobalData
3.3 About GlobalData
3.4 GlobalData’s Services
List Of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Myanmar - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Myanmar - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: Myanmar - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: Myanmar - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: Myanmar - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: Myanmar - Stamp duty for Insurance Products
Table 8: Myanmar - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2020
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Myanmar - Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 2: Myanmar - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
Myanmar Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance Myanmar Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Myanmar.ItView Report
Myanmar In-depth PEST InsightsThis PEST country analysis report on Myanmar provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative dataView Report
Tunisia Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024GlobalDatas Tunisia Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024 report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into theView Report
Cayman Islands Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024GlobalDatas Cayman Islands Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024 report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insightsView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request