Macau Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance
Macau Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk, and Compliance report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Macau.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Monetary Authority of Macau regulates the Macanese insurance industry.
- Macaus FDI regime allows 100% foreign ownership in domestic insurance companies.
- Non-admitted insurance in general is not permitted in Macau. However, the placement of insurance contracts with an unlicensed entity is permitted only with prior approval from the AMCM.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in Macau.
- Motor third-party liability insurance and employees compensation insurance are compulsory in Macau.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk, and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Macau, including -
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Macau
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the countrys insurance regulatory framework
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Macau
- Key parameters including licensing requirements permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Macau.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the countrys insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Macau.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Macau insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Motor third-party liability insurance
2.4.2 Employee compensation insurance
2.4.3 Professional liability insurance concerning the fixing of propaganda and publicity material
2.4.4 Professional indemnity insurance for lawyers
2.4.5 Professional liability insurance for travel agents
2.4.6 Third-party liability insurance for a pleasure boat
2.4.7 Professional liability insurance for healthcare providers
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS)
2.5.2 Monetary Authority of Macau
2.5.3 Macau Insurers Association
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and Penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
3.2 Contact GlobalData
3.3 About GlobalData
3.4 GlobalDatas Services
List Of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Macau - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Macau - Minimum Credit Rating for Fronting (Re)Insurers
Table 4: Macau - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: Macau - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: Macau - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: Macau - No claims Discount
Table 8: Macau - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 9: Macau - Maximum Liability for Aircraft Operations for Third-Party Damages
Table 10: Macau - Liability Limit for Motor Third Party Liability Insurance
Table 11: Macau - Liability Limits for Employees Compensation Insurance
Table 12: Macau - Annual Premium Rates
Table 13: Macau - Premium Discount Rates
Table 14: Macau - Surcharge on Annual Premium Rates
Table 15: Macau - Minimum Liability Limits of Compulsory Insurance for Medical Professionals
Table 16: Macau - Minimum Liability Limits of Compulsory Insurance for Medical Service Providers (Establishments)
Table 17: Macau - Rating Tariff and Deductible Limits of Professional Liability Insurance for Healthcare Professionals
Table 18: Macau - Premium Refund in case of Policy Termination
Table 19: Macau - Capital Requirements of Macanese Insurers and Reinsurers
Table 20: Macau - Margin of Solvency for Non-Life Insurers
Table 21: Macau - Margin of Solvency for Non-Life Reinsurers
Table 22: Macau - Investment Regulations for Insurers and Reinsurers
Table 23: Macau - Assets Guaranteeing Technical Reserves
Table 24: Macau - Credit Rating Requirements of Debt Securities
Table 25: Macau - Annual Registration Fees for Insurance Intermediaries
Table 26: Macau - Corporate Income Tax Rates 2020
Table 27: Macau - Other Corporate Taxes, 2020
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Macau - Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 2: Macau - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
Macau Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance Macau Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk, and Compliance report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Macau.ItView Report
Strategic Market Intelligence: Insurance Industry in Macau - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022 Strategic Market Intelligence: Insurance Industry in Macau - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2022 , report provides aView Report
Tunisia Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024GlobalDatas Tunisia Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024 report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into theView Report
Cayman Islands Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024GlobalDatas Cayman Islands Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024 report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insightsView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request