Jamaica Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance
Jamaican Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk, and Compliance report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Jamaica.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Financial Services Commissions is responsible for regulating the Jamaican insurance industry. It protects consumer rights and promotes development of countrys insurance industry.
- The government of Jamaica permits 100% foreign direct investment in countrys insurance industry.
- The practice of non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the Jamaican insurance industry.
- The government of Jamaica is planning to introduce the National Health Insurance Scheme in the country under the National Health Fund Act.
- The Insurance Association of Jamaica provides support service to the insurance industry by effective lobbying, providing relevant information helpful for decision making, providing avenues for addressing common concerns and promoting sound industry practices and ethical conducts of members.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk, and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Jamaica, including -
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Jamaica.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the countrys insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Jamaica.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Jamaica.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the countrys insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Jamaica.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Jamaican insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Motor third-party liability insurance
2.4.2 National insurance
2.4.3 Banana insurance
2.4.4 Aviation liability insurance
2.4.5 Professional indemnity insurance for pension fund administrators and investment managers
2.4.6 Liability insurance for ships with respect to oil pollution
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors
2.5.2 Caribbean Association of Insurance Regulators
2.5.3 The Insurance Association of the Caribbean
2.5.4 Financial Services Commission
2.5.5 Insurance Association of Jamaica
2.5.6 Jamaica International Financial Services Authority
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution(ADR)
3.2 Contact GlobalData
3.3 About GlobalData
3.4 GlobalDatas Services
List Of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Jamaica - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Jamaica - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: Jamaica - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: Jamaica - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: Jamaica - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: Jamaica - Fees for Obtaining Insurance Licenses in Jamaica
Table 8: Jamaica - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2020
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Jamaica - Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 2: Jamaica - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
Jamaica Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and ComplianceJamaican Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk, and Compliance report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Jamaica.It providesView Report
National Commercial Bank Jamaica Ltd - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance ReportNational Commercial Bank Jamaica Ltd - Strategy, SWOT and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company dataView Report
Tunisia Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024GlobalDatas Tunisia Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024 report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into theView Report
Cayman Islands Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024GlobalDatas Cayman Islands Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2024 report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insightsView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request