The Syrian Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance
The Syrian Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in the Syria.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Syrian insurance industry is regulated by the Syrian Insurance Supervisory Commission.
- Non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the Syrian insurance industry.
- Composite insurance is allowed in the Syrian insurance industry.
- The government of Syria does not impose VAT on goods and services.
- Workmens compensation, motor third-party liability insurance and marine cargo insurance on imports are the key compulsory classes of insurance in the Syrian insurance industry.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in the Syria, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in the Syria.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the countrys insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in the Syria.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in the Syria.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the countrys insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in the Syria.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting Syrian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Workmens compensation
2.4.2 Motor third-party liability insurance
2.4.3 Liability for ships with respect to oil pollution
2.4.4 Professional indemnity insurance for brokers
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 Syrian Insurance Supervisory Commission (SISC)
2.5.2 Syrian Insurance Federation (SIF)
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulation
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and Penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
3.2 Contact GlobalData
3.3 About GlobalData
3.4 GlobalDatas Services
List Of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Syria - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Syria - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: Syria - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: Syria - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: Syria - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: Syria - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2020
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Syria - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
Wellbeing in Insurance - Thematic ResearchInsurers are enhancing their wellness solutions, going beyond providing traditional cover. They are becoming more reactive, moving towards health promotion and illness prevention. Meanwhile, consumersView Report
Digital Banking Transformation - Thematic ResearchDigital banking comprises a vast ecosystem of provider types and business models. This report looks specifically at whether incumbent banks can digitize at sufficient paceView Report
SynopsisTimetrics Governance, Risk and Compliance The Syrian Insurance Industry report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Syria.It provides detailed analysis of the insuranceView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request