Lithuania Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance
Lithuania Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Lithuania.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Lithuanian insurance industry is regulated by Bank of Lithuania (LB).
- Solvency II came into force in Lithuania on January 1, 2016, and introduced new risk management standards for insurers.
- Composite insurance is not allowed in Lithuania. However, companies from EU and EEA member states are allowed to operate in both classes of insurance.
- Motor third-party liability insurance and civil liability insurance for construction designers and audit firms are key compulsory classes of insurance.
- Insurance premium tax (IPT) is not levied on insurance products.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in Lithuania, including -
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in Lithuania.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the countrys insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in Lithuania.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in Lithuania.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the countrys insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in Lithuania.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting Lithuanian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Motor third-party liability insurance
2.4.2 Workers compensation
2.4.3 Civil liability insurance for construction designers
2.4.4 Civil liability insurance of contractors
2.4.5 Civil liability insurance on auditor firms
2.4.6 Air carriers and aircraft operators insurance
2.4.7 Professional indemnity insurance for alternative investment fund managers
2.4.8 Clinical trials liability insurance
2.4.9 Professional liability insurance for lawyers
2.4.10 Professional civil liability insurance for insurance and reinsurance intermediaries
2.4.11 Professional civil liability insurance for insurance and reinsurance brokers
2.4.12 Liability for ships with respect to oil pollution
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors
2.5.2 European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority
2.5.3 Bank of Lithuania
2.5.4 Federation of European Risk Management Associations
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and Penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
3.2 Contact GlobalData
3.3 About GlobalData
3.4 GlobalDatas Services
List Of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Lithuania - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Lithuania - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: Lithuania- Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: Lithuania - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: Lithuania - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: Lithuania - Minimum Coverage for Aircraft Third-Party Liability Per Accident per Aircraft of 2020
Table 8: Lithuania - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2020
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Lithuania - Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 2: Lithuania - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
Employee Benefits in Lithuania 2020Lithuania inherited a Soviet-style pension system with characteristics such as generous early retirement provisions, privileges for certain occupational groups, and a weak link between contributions andView Report
Lithuania Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance Lithuania Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Lithuania.ItView Report
Morocco Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and ComplianceThes Morocco Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Morocco.ItView Report
Yemen Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and ComplianceThes Yemen Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Yemen.ItView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request