The Albanian Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance
The Albanian Insurance Industry - Governance, Risk and Compliance report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in the Albania.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Albanian insurance industry is regulated by the Financial Supervisory Authority, which aims to promote consistency, transparency and credibility.
- Non-admitted insurance is not permitted in the Albanian insurance industry, with the exceptions of marine and aviation insurance.
- Foreign direct investment up to 100% is permitted in the Albanian insurance industry.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in the Albanian insurance industry.
- Insurance in the transport and social security sectors is compulsory in Albania.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in the Albania, including -
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in the Albania.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the countrys insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in the Albania.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in the Albania.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the countrys insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in the Albania.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Albanian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Motor third-party liability insurance
2.4.2 Social Security Insurance
2.4.3 Professional indemnity insurance for insurance brokers, agents and claims examiners
2.4.4 Marine liability insurance
2.4.5 Aviation liability insurance
2.4.6 Liability for ships with respect to oil pollution
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors
2.5.2 Financial Supervisory Authority
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and Penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution
3.2 Contact GlobalData
3.3 About GlobalData
3.4 GlobalDatas Services
List Of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Albania - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Albania- Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: Albania- Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: Albania - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: Albania - Bonus Malus System
Table 7: Albania - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 8: Albania - Minimum Cover for Aircraft Third-Party Liability Per Accident Per Aircraft
Table 9: Albania - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2020
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Albania - Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 2: Albania - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
Mergers and Acquisitions in Insurance (2017-Q1 2020) - Thematic ResearchA total of 186 insurance M&A deals valued at $50m or more were announced between January 1, 2017 and March 31,View Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request