Swazi Insurance Industry: Governance, Risk and Compliance
Swazi Insurance Industry: Governance, Risk and Compliance
’s Swazi Insurance Industry: Governance, Risk and Compliance report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in the Eswatini.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together ’s research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in the Eswatini, including -
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in the Eswatini.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in the Eswatini.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The Swazi insurance industry is regulated by the FSRA.
- 100% FDI is permitted in Swazi insurance industry.
- Motor third-party liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance are mandatory classes of insurance in Eswatini.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited in Eswatini. However, the FSRA may permit the placement of non-admitted contract if local capacity is not available.
- Corporate tax rate was reduced to 27.5% from the earlier rate of 30% starting from January 1, 2014.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in the Eswatini.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country’s insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in the Eswatini.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Swazi insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life Insurance
2.3.2 Property Insurance
2.3.3 Motor Insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Motor third party liability insurance
2.4.2 Professional indemnity and fidelity guarantee for managers and brokers
2.4.3 Professional indemnity insurance for insurance intermediaries
2.4.4 Workmen’s compensation insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 International Association of Insurance Supervisors
2.5.2 Financial Services Regulatory Authority
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulation
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and Penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
3.2 Contact GlobalData
3.3 About GlobalData
3.4 GlobalData’s Services
List Of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Eswatini - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Eswatini - Maximum commission for group life insurance policies
Table 4: Eswatini - Maximum commission for intermediaries
Table 5: Eswatini - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: Eswatini - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: Eswatini - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 8: Eswatini - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 9: Eswatini - Investment
Table 10: Eswatini - Fee Structure
Table 11: Eswatini - Levies for late license fee
Table 12: Eswatini - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2019
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Eswatini - Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 2: Eswatini - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
Swaziland Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023 Swaziland Insurance Industry - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023 report provides a detailed outlook by product category for theView Report
Swazi Insurance Industry: Governance, Risk and Compliance market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 950View Report
Rwanda Insurance Industry: Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023 Rwanda Insurance Industry: Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023 report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Rwandan insuranceView Report
Zambia Insurance Industry: Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023 Zambia Insurance Industry: Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023 report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Zambian insuranceView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request