US Cards and Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023 (including Banking and Payments Survey Insights)
US Cards & Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023 report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the US cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cards, cash, direct debits, credit transfers, and cheques during the review-period (2015-19e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2019e-23f). It also offers information on the countrys competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies and recent changes in regulatory structure.
US Cards & Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023 report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the US cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the US cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cards, cash, direct debits, credit transfers, and cheques. It also, includes an overview of the countrys key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the US cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Rising pressure on profitability and the growing consumer preference for online banking are driving the concept of digital-only banks in the US. In June 2019, UK-based digital-only bank Monzo launched its operations in the US in partnership with Sutton Bank. A Mastercard debit card is issued when consumers open an account. From July 2019, Germany-based mobile-only bank N26 started to offer a checking account via Axos Bank. The account comes with a Visa debit card, as well as no minimum account balance or maintenance charges. To keep up with these challenger banks, the likes of JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, and Citizens Bank have launched digital-only banks.
- Credit and charge cards account for 51.2% of total payment card value in 2019. Growth in the credit card market has been driven by factors such as rising employment and growing demand for consumer credit. In response to this growth, non-banking companies are entering the space. Apple partnered with Goldman Sachs to unveil Apple Card in March 2019. The Mastercard-branded credit card can be used for in-store, in-app, and online purchases. Card holders are offered 3% cashback on Apple purchases, 2% cashback on Apple Pay transactions, and 1% cashback on purchases with the physical card. The company started to offer the new credit card on a selective basis from August 6, 2019.
- The US Federal Reserve decreased its benchmark interest rate in July 2019 by 0.25% to a range of 2-2.25%. Loan rates are also likely to decrease depending on the type of loan and the term. It is reasonable to expect interest rates to decrease on credit cards, mortgages, home equity loans, car loans, and other consumer loans going forward. Following the Federal Reserve rate cut, JPMorgan Chase, Citibank, and U.S. Bank lowered their prime rate by 25 basis points to 5.25% effective from August 1, 2019, which in turn makes borrowing less expensive for consumers.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the US cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the US cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the US cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in the US.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the US cards and payments industry.
Payment Preferences: Cash, Cards, and Mobile Wallets
Mobile Proximity Payments
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Botswana Insurance Industry: Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023 market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 995View Report
Guatemala Insurance Industry: Key Trends and Opportunities to 2023 market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 995View Report
Bahrain Cards and Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023 market research report available in single user pdf license with Aarkstore Enterprise at USD 2750View Report
Market Trends and Applications of Electronic Stored Value Cards and Strategies of Five Major Asian Vendors
As the electronic stored value card market has gradually become saturated and mobile payment providers have started to enter the transport sector, traditional electronic stored card vendors who mostly earnView Report
Fill The Form For Sample Request